workarounds

Hear me out please.

I feel GGG should be doing more to implement workarounds for desync.  As we are all sick of hearing, it is by far the biggest threat to the success of the game and while GGG have indicated they are continually working on optimisation, I feel they need to be more pragmatic about retaining the many players who leave due to this issue. 

I think its fair to say that we, as customers, have not seen a true representation of what the game could be like due to the prevalence of desync.  Any number of builds and intricate game mechanics are impossible to play, and the true essence of combat is almost completely lost.   Sadly, my experience with the game is that macro /oos is absolutely mandatory and I spam it as much as my main skills.  While GGG want to maintain the game’s integrity to improve the player experience, I question this approach when most people’s experience is riddled with lag and manual rubber banding. 

My suggestion for a workaround is this. Next 4 month season GGG introduces an offline self-found league.  Players pay ~$20mtx for access to the four month season which would cover the possible loss of mtx revenue during this time.   I think this idea would sit well within a much-requested self-found league  as trading would be disabled thereby eliminating the opportunity to sell duped items.  Furthermore, on completion of the season the offline mode does not migrate to a parent league so again any items found or duplicated would be contained in this league.  It would be aimed at the casual player who does not need to compete online or to trade, but who rather just want a smooth game experience. 

I’m sure the GGG may be concerned that a majority of players may move to this league thereby reducing those participating in online leagues.  However I feel this would be a better option than for people to stop playing the game completely.  This would also allow time for GGG to continue to improve their net code and further reduce synch issues. 

With desync being an undeniable force, what other workarounds could GGG consider implementing to reduce the impact on players? 

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info