Bow Trapper ( Puncture Traps+RoA Traps+RoA ) [Invasion]

Build is outdated now with 1.2, so if you are interested in a build like this maybe try the Ice Shot Prolif with Puncture trap build.
IGN: porcupinezzzz
Last edited by Porcupinez on Sep 3, 2014, 4:52:13 PM
Updated. This build can now optionally run 3 auras in the later levels (Grace+Determination+Hatred). I won't be running this personally because I level with a friend who runs two of these, but it is a great option that I would do otherwise. I also added a section that explains how map mods are handled.
Last edited by Porcupinez on Apr 25, 2014, 1:17:00 PM
Rain of arrows isn't tagged as a projectile skill, so why would it be affected by point blank and physical projectile attack damage?
"
TakagiSan wrote:
Rain of arrows isn't tagged as a projectile skill, so why would it be affected by point blank and physical projectile attack damage?

"
Projectile Speed: Although Rain of Arrows is not technically a projectile attack, Projectile and arrow speed supports, mods, and passives will decrease the time between firing the skill and the arrows landing.

Projectile Damage: Projectile Damage passives and mods will work with Rain of Arrows even though it isn't technically a projectile attack.

Quoted from the wiki. This goes for Point Blank as well.
Last edited by Porcupinez on Apr 25, 2014, 6:09:19 PM
Ah very nice, thank you. I will definitely be trying this out for my next build!
How do you build gem wise when waiting so long to use traps? Skip firetrap and go poison arrow or something? What about using firetrap while leveling it up?
"
How do you build gem wise when waiting so long to use traps? Skip firetrap and go poison arrow or something? What about using firetrap while leveling it up?

Since this build levels up as a ranger and doesn't grab any trap nodes for a long time, it is pretty much a Point Blank RoA ranger up until level 62. All you need is RoA preferably linked to Mana Leech, Faster Attacks, and Concentrated Effect until then.

edit: Added this to the guide
Last edited by Porcupinez on Apr 26, 2014, 2:43:02 PM
Hello there! I hope you're still keeping track of the thread. Thinking of making something like this as my next project as I already have a suitable ranger for it.

I was looking around, and found a post from you on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/20plo2/question_what_are_the_best_build_you_have_tried/cg5mkc1

In there, you linked a skill tree for this same build with EB + MoM. Why did you change it from that combination to what you have in this thread (with clever construction and so on)

Thanks for your help
"
Roberi wrote:
Hello there! I hope you're still keeping track of the thread. Thinking of making something like this as my next project as I already have a suitable ranger for it.

I was looking around, and found a post from you on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/20plo2/question_what_are_the_best_build_you_have_tried/cg5mkc1

In there, you linked a skill tree for this same build with EB + MoM. Why did you change it from that combination to what you have in this thread (with clever construction and so on)

Thanks for your help

That build was the first version of it that I made without knowing how well specific traps worked and how much damage or mana that I needed. After doing that build I realized that EB wasn't doing very much for how much I had to dedicate to it. I changed the build based on what I learned and it definitely ended up better in every way.

The changes I made were to replace EB with a form of mana leech, and then eventually run 2 more auras (Hatred and Determination) and blood magic on everything. Hatred is a huge damage boost and Grace+Determination+IR is a ton of armor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info