Signing out. Now for good.

I said I would take a break from the game before, and started playing again when the invasion bosses got rebalanced. Shortly after the change to SM made my class unplayable (that is my opinion, no need to discuss it further). I again took a break from the game and waited for the new skill to replace it, which haven't yet come. I don't wish to play without it, and I feel all the time I have put into the game is a waste of time.

Instead of quitting the game this time I decided to try out Ambush and make a new character.
It was fun for a while, but the economy in that league is just insane. I tried to buy a leveling wand that in invasion would cost me 5 chaos. On ambush that wand cost 2 exalts. It is so hard to get anywhere there without opening a shop thread, but I don't want to log over between leagues to sell items.

In the end it's all just too much work to build up some currency outside of the game. Using procurement, making shop thread and maintain it. Then there is the arguing over prices and going to act 1 normal all the time. It is so much time not playing the game in order to actually play the game.

So I didn't bother with ambush any more, and I don't want to wait any longer to play my summoner. I don't want to make a new build because I play the summoner for one reason. I think it is the best for solo play. If I no longer can do that then I got nothing to do.

It's been two weeks now, and I think it's one more week until the new skill comes. But to be honest, all this time away from the game have only made me realize how much I didn't miss it.

The more I played invasion, the more I wanted nemesis back. During that 4 month league I didn't see much complaining on the forums, and the game was fun for the most part.

The only way I could see myself coming back to the game now, would be to have the hardcore leagues be mirrored off the current softcore league. I don't see why it would be a bad thing to have the current invasion be just like ambush. It would be way less balancing required, and don't be fooled by those chest's, they are quite deadly.

I just think invasion and ambush was too much work and balancing at the same time. In the end it caused too much grief on the forums, and they are still working on balancing invasion bosses this late in the league.

If I could, I would play on hardcore or softcore, but the economy there is just... meh

I had enough for now anyways. I been out of the game for too long now to compete on the ladder, and I can't see myself doing Atziri now. It is just too much work for no reward really. I hope the next 4 moth league will bring back the feeling I had during nemesis, that was good times.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You certainly bring forth the primary reason to not play "vanilla" SC/HC for me as well:
The Economy ....
I might be missing a key point, but i don't think so. The Economy, From what i've seen/experienced while playing, is in really bad shape, and the way GGG wanted orbs to work (since they're all meant to be used, let's face it) isn't working in practice.

I'm almost starting to think that every orb should be as common as Alcs. It would at least give players more satisfaction than they get now, for the same period of time.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
That Smoke Mine nerf before releasing something to compensate... I can only imagine the wrath of summoners.
Just gave away everything I owned on Invasion to someone in willy's chat. After being away from the game and not missing it for two weeks was just a too big of a relief after all the irritation caused by the minion AI. Sadly for me I don't think the new skill would bring back the fun playing the build after all that frustration it caused.

I will be back for the next 4 month for sure though, and I hope to return to my favorite class, the summoner, when that time comes. I hope the build is a bit more refined and balanced by then. Perhaps snapshot is removed, and a re-balance of the summon gems at earlier levels as well.

I would like to level up as a summoner. Sadly it is really painful to do so right now.

Cya all later. May RNGsus be with you!
That's some constructive and honest feedback. Looking forward to seeing you back next league. Enjoy your break!
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info