Glacial Hammer Marauder ( * Shatter your enemies * ) - "permafreeze" Cheap & very tanky

tried to do it previously with GeForce Experience but it seems to not recognize my PoE for some reason (i think it is something on my end as I run PoE from ramdisc and some low-lvl stuff has issues with that) and cannot be bothered to try other tools, sorry
"
Garompa wrote:
evanti's permastun build thread says different about that I can't permastun bosses...

If you are well-equipped, you can permastun all bosses that are little to no danger to a well-equipped character.
This makes perma-stunning kind of useless.

The bosses that actually do hurt quite a bit are not that easy to stun.

---

"
sidtherat wrote:
actually i do more like ~650 lightning dps not 50

I think it's not the DpS number that counts here, but the "per hit" number.

I have no doubt that this works against packs of monsters, where you can proliferate the shock stacks. You explained it before and explained it again, I already got it the first time. ;-)

But I doubt it works against bosses, and that's all I wrote in the previous post.

Even if you had 650 Lightning Damage per Hit, I doubt you can seriously shock stack an Endgame Boss.
But I guess the number will be more like 200.

If it works, ok, cool, but I don't see how, as I don't think your Temporal Chains thing makes a bit difference here.

Shock
"If the duration would be less than 300 milliseconds, the shock effect is not applied. The maximum, unmodified shock duration from lightning damage is 9.2 seconds."

Based on the formula, let's do quick maths:

D = shock duration, has to be bigger than 300, else no shock
L = monster maximum life
N = Lightning damage, let's say 200

D = 276 * (N / ( L /100))

300/276 = 100 * 200 / L
1.08 = 20000 / L
L = 18.500

You have a (20% with static blows cluster) chance to shock a monster with less than 18500 maximum Life, if you have 200 Lightning damage per hit.
If we take Temporal Chains into consideration, the number is 50% bigger.
~27000 life then.

How many Endgame Bosses have <27000 life?

Even with "dedicated lightning damage" builds (not like you, just adding a bit of lightning damage to your overall damage output, but seriously allout lightning), I wasn't able to shock bosses in a way that actually matters.
That's not how this game works.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on May 27, 2014, 3:36:28 AM
I use slow 2h weapon without multistrike

Dmg listed is avg per hit with max value around 1300. Weapon is fast enough to exploit even short shocks but has big enough dmg to shock.

And vs SINGLE bosses i use single target setup without stacks + vaal lightning strike for shocks. But how many bosses are realy single?

Once one learns how to freeze pack and then kill the dangerous target while lesser mobs proliferate freezes it is all very easy. Most corrupt bosses are VERY easy because of that just because you freeze little guys that proliferate freezes and shocks to the boss and then you smack only boss with single target setup.

This again is a reason why i consider multistrike totaly useless support for glacial hammer - it attacks random mobs and can kill the one that freezes and shocks all other mobs.

Temporal chains are from my observation before/after absolutely essential to pull it all out
This build seems interesting. But too much confusion on what is best practice with this build.
yes, it is interesting, but by the looks of the comments it lacks damage and for bosses it requires having other mobs around.

Good thing is the passive tree from this and evanti's stun build is almost the same. I suggest you to try glacial hammer build first, and if you don't like it spend a few refunds, less than 4 i believe, and try evantis build.

I'm gonna do that.

*COUGH COUGH*!
Last edited by Garompa on May 28, 2014, 11:36:07 AM
Sorry about to ask this, but passive skill tree seems not working? I can't see points links together. Hope you don't mind :D Thx
"
qoossamguylbj wrote:
Sorry about to ask this, but passive skill tree seems not working? I can't see points links together. Hope you don't mind :D Thx

Tree-links are pre 1.2
Playing this build currently in rampage as duo with friend (elemental buzzsaw) and its working very well.
Made some screenshots from old tree before patch to get a kind of tree-guide.
Here is my current tree with lvl 51 http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwFLQthGS4b-iSqJd8nLyftNZI26T38U99YY1jbWfNfP2BLZp5nm2wWbmlyqXTteA15aHrvfNmE2YTvhxmMz5BVm4OgtKQZpKypbqyqtfK8n76KvqfAD8AawQTG2NJN1I_YveNq45_kUe8O8i_zBvZI-tL7qvxL

Started with the life nodes at marauderstart and then went to duelist area. After that going to templar and picking resolute technique. Next steps will be the life/chaosresi nodes and shield nodes, and then fill up templar starting area lifenodes and then see what is missing for the last ~40 points
are just none of the trees working or am I the only one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info