Any improvement to the Mac/Linux performance lately?

I finished the 4-chapter storyline (i think there are more now?) on a Mac with wine, but performance was borderline unplayable. Last chapter was full of freezes, while the final battle was simply a slide show. I only finished it by repeatedly dying, blindly running up to the boss and hitting it 1-2 times, dying again because i had one frame every 3 seconds or so.
With this kind of performance, there's no point in replaying on higher difficulties or in hardcore mode, or buying cosmetic auras that would only make the game even more unplayable. No matter how good the game is - and i still think it's Diablo 2 reborn - I don't have the time to disrupt my workflow by rebooting to a Windows installation to play any more.
So, has anything improved in the last few months? Or should I just move on and forget about Path of Exile?

P.S.: You can keep your "buy a Windows PC noob" replies for yourself. I'm the customer here, and the gaming industry is very competitive, so I get to choose.
Since MAC/Linux are not officially supported i doubt there is any improvements, you would need to check the unofficial port pages for most of the info and they are user created threads.

As for customer? you bought anything? or do you just mean user and call yourself a customer because you play?
Not that that means anything anyway since you ignored the official game requirements.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 21, 2014, 6:42:20 AM
That's your point of view.
My point of view is that I cared enough to attempt to play this instead of just moving along to games that work better.
But since a "supporter" is telling me I have no right to ask because I didn't pay for a game I can't play, I'll just move on to something else for my entertainment.

From the FAQ...

9. What platforms are supported by the game?
Path of Exile will initially launch with support for Windows. No Mac support has been announced yet, but it's something we'll investigate after release.

So still no support for Mac at this point - guess you need to move on and find something that is designed to work with your computer of choice.
you have every right to moan but no right to expect something that is not supported to be fixed and claiming customer rights won't improve matters(doubt you have any on a f2p game and being non paying)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
On the other hand, unofficial Mac support gives us some pretty decent gaming on otherwise useless computers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info