All these Vaal white items

So the storyline leads me to believe that the Vaal are an ancient civilization from like 2000 years ago, and they were wiped out from the same meteor that took out the Dinosaurs or some shit.

If that's the case, then why are there so many "Vaal _____" items literally strewn across the ground? The ones that I've seen personally:

Vaal hatchet
Vaal axe
Vaal Scepter
Vaal blade
Vaal Rapier
Vaal Greatsword
vaal claw
Vaal mask
Vaal Gauntlets
Vaal Greaves
Vaal Buckler
Vaal Spirit Shield
Vaal Regalia

..and I'm probably missing a few from the list. Anyway, the point is, don't you think you're overdoing it a bit on the "Vaal" stuff, GGG? We've got corrupted zones, all this vaal gear, vaal gems, vaal orbs and the list goes on. It seems odd that all this vaal stuff would just be laying on the ground after like 2-3000 years.

Can we tone it down on having vaal stuff? If I played a drinking game where I had to take a drink every time I saw the word "vaal" in this game, I'd be choking on my own vomit in 2 hours, and dead in 3.
Stormcalling 24/7.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Two hours? Are you Russian or something?
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
"
Two hours? Are you Russian or something?

I see what you did there. ;)
Stormcalling 24/7.
I also like how all these Vaal items look identical to their non-Vaal counterparts. Many of them are even outright superior versions.

So much for technological progress.
"
UnderOmerta wrote:
I also like how all these Vaal items look identical to their non-Vaal counterparts. Many of them are even outright superior versions.

So much for technological progress.

http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html
The Grand List Of Console Role Playing Game Clichés
"
99. Law of Reverse Evolution (Zeboim Principle)
Any ancient civilizations are inexplicably much more advanced than the current one.
:)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
And this wasn't a problem before? for the last two years all these items have been in the game...
S L O W E R
"
ampdecay wrote:
And this wasn't a problem before? for the last two years all these items have been in the game...

Yes, but with the addition of Atziri, the corrupted zones, the vaal gems, vaal orbs and the ability to corrupt normal gems... It just feels like now it's piled on rather thick, ya know?
Stormcalling 24/7.
"
"
ampdecay wrote:

Yes, but with the addition of Atziri, the corrupted zones, the vaal gems, vaal orbs and the ability to corrupt normal gems... It just feels like now it's piled on rather thick, ya know?

I don't know, I don't really get that feeling, I was always under the impression that they have been pushing the whole theme of the fallen Vaal society since the game was made so I'm just like yeah, the game is mostly about the ancient Vaal civilization.
S L O W E R
"
ampdecay wrote:
"
"
ampdecay wrote:

I don't know, I don't really get that feeling, I was always under the impression that they have been pushing the whole theme of the fallen Vaal society since the game was made so I'm just like yeah, the game is mostly about the ancient Vaal civilization.

I guess I just never got that feeling... The distinct lack of a story-line might have a lot to do with why I never got that feeling though. *shrugs*

I still don't get why weapons that are supposedly thousands of years old are just literally EVERYWHERE though.
Stormcalling 24/7.
"

I still don't get why weapons that are supposedly thousands of years old are just literally EVERYWHERE though.

bro you can't go down that road! the next thing you'll be wondering is how the hell crabs carry two handed axes, a breast plate, quiver and some boots!
S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info