[Invasion] Dual flame totem Scion. EB/IR/MOM, Very safe solo/mfer, cheap. Kill all invasion bosses

Made this build because I wanted a very safe and tanky totem build for Invasion without using BM. So far it's been very very good, even with awful gear. Originally my gear was worth only about 15c and I had absolutely no problems. I've since upgraded but with only a 5l and cheap gear the build was super solid and safe.

You could easily adapt this build into a double andvarius MF build, or just use regular gear if you want. It can be cheap or expensive depending on what you're willing to spend.

All invasion bosses are killable except in some circumstances, and I actually actively seek them out for more loot. For example, do not fight Rima if your only approach to her is from a narrow corridor. In the open, she's easy. You will laugh at bosses like Cintiq (black spider) and Kamaq (devourer), that most builds skip.

Video, Solo Cintiq/Rima Invaders
Spoiler
http://youtu.be/5TjtKUqPi-Q

Video, 68 Reef map @ 71 with Spinesnap and Double exile.
Spoiler
http://youtu.be/7ug7kc0E-8U

Screenshot (Solo 77 Shrine map Piety)
Spoiler
http://i.imgur.com/rxVhVC5.jpg

Planned "completed" build 102 points
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGeTOr0nGDz56EGHtz7GrhDMK7aMRviT_gqI8TWStfJuqkrIPycqTRUgg9v8S85xbBYs6d0NW69OKimlGNt08YUyXAzUFYLHKPrr7nqqmuBFnbiTp5TR_acIna4abPPdGYUkqjbp42r60maewBpZ8yoTwxMsp6PyV8k8juq6tAyTJxzcf8bBxYhCgh7bCy1HUEKPRtDQz2VVxpBVp4QaOPzFZ6CHdkp9Fm_cVx6UrD-MNlVLJpVte3Oz8GsV59VP3ncnqVptJDynXElR

268% life
80% damage and 16% cast speed from tree

OR

244% life
80% damage and 28% cast speed from tree (from Nimbleness) if you prefer more damage over hp

This damage is all pure spell dmg/cast speed, so it effects Added Chaos.

EB, MOM, IR
80% mana regen from tree
72% increased mana from tree

Can easily spec into 24% more totem life for 4 more points if you feel it's needed.
Can also spec Diamond Flesh and take the Golem's Blood life nodes if you want to use double Andvarius.

Very versatile pathing allows you to make your slight variations to the build as you see fit, or for your specific gear.

Auras:

Leveled clarity (don't ever hold off on leveling it) and Grace. You could potentially take some aura nodes and also run Discipline or Haste, but I chose not to.

Curses:

I use elemental weakness over flammability because the burn from flame totems is very weak anyway and I'd rather have ele weakness leveled up since it has more utility for when I party.

Enfeeble also (as every invasion build should have)

Alternate between them situationally. For example if you don't know what an invader does yet, you should always enfeeble it.

Leveling:
Level as Spectral Throw until 24, taking pathing straight to Ancestral Bond along the way. Make sure to pick up and start leveling a clarity ASAP. At level 24, swap over to Searing Bond. You can take Ancestral Bond here if you want, but it's better to keep using Spectral Throw with Searing Bond.

At level 31, swap to dual flame totem immediately and get a 4 link, but a 3 link can work too if you can't find one.

Flame totem link priority while leveling:

LMP/GMP > Faster casting > Added chaos > Faster projectiles

You will want to use LMP while leveling over GMP, as you probably won't have the mana pool or regen to support GMP. A good guideline for swapping over to GMP is when you have enough mana left over after Clarity and Grace to cast 2 and a half flame totems. You will also want to use a mana flask, and you'll use this flask for a long time, even when starting maps.

After Ancestral Bond, take the two totem clusters in the top left of the tree (Totemic Mastery and Shamanistic Fury)

Next, start working towards your big defensive keystones. I suggest taking IR and MoM ASAP, and then taking the pathing to EB but not speccing it. (but make sure not to neglect life nodes.) When you feel comfortable with losing your ES (for me, this was in act 1 merciless when I had around 2500hp), spec into EB.

From there it's just smooth sailing all the way to maps.

Bandits: oak / kill / kill

Current gear/links
[/spoiler]

Current stats:

5177 hp
1980 mana
35% armour reduction
150 mana/sec
270% IIR cull
77% res all, overcapped on Fire and Lightning by 20%

Flame totem currently deals 1900dps on tooltip with firepen, level 19 gems and without quality on most gems. With 20 gems and quality this will be about 2500.

I'm clearing maps in around 10-15 mins solo currently.

Ideal gear for MF build - you'll want hybrid ES/armor/EVA pieces if possible, except for shield, where you want an ES shield with spell damage. Same guidelines apply if you don't want to MF too, just remove the MF.

Helm: High MF, HP, Resists, mana/inc es if possible.
Chest: High HP, Resists, % ES roll.
Rings: HP, MF, resists, mana/mana regen/es. Cast speed is nice. 2x Andvarius endgame
Amulet: High MF, HP, resists, mana regen, mana, cast speed/spell damage if possible.
Weapon: As much spell damage and cast speed as possible.
Shield: For 2x Andvarius build, as much resists as possible with high HP. As much spell damage as you can get on such an item. If not going MF, you'll just want a shield with hp/res and high spell damage.
Gloves: Aurseize, or just your standard hp/res/es/mana gloves.
Flasks:

Right now I'm using 3 seething, a mana flask and a quicksilver. As I level up and get better gear, I plan to drop the mana flask for a defensive flask. I also plan to drop a seething for the MF flask once I get it. I'll probably do this once I take the 20% mana regen node near shadow or upgrade my gear a bit to get more mana (via eb.)

Any questions or comments I will gladly answer. I'll also keep this updated as I level up more.
Last edited by faction55 on May 3, 2014, 10:01:06 AM
New video up of solo Cintiq and Rima!

http://youtu.be/5TjtKUqPi-Q
Is a Carcass Jack a good chest for this build?
can u tell me why u only get 2 sets of totem nodes? does totem build not require those?
"
jjawan159 wrote:
can u tell me why u only get 2 sets of totem nodes? does totem build not require those?

I have 3 sets and pathing to 2 more, but the other nodes have worthless duration increases as their first point and I don't want to spend 2 points just for 12% totem health.

If you find your totems are dying before they can fire, you could take them, but the quality bonus on flame totem as well as 28% life from tree is enough for me.
Last edited by faction55 on Apr 21, 2014, 3:02:11 PM
Bump, updated, now level 80 and using andvarius.
What about Cloak of Defiance? How should we path the skill tree if we were to use CoD since it gives MoM, saves 3 skill points?
"
kiruatan wrote:
What about Cloak of Defiance? How should we path the skill tree if we were to use CoD since it gives MoM, saves 3 skill points?

I wouldn't use CoD, no reason to take MoM when already taking IR, and if you're going MF you really need the resists and HP from chest. If you want to use CoD you'd need a completely different build.

Also updated the OP. I'm currently level 84 but my build still has a lot of filler while I prepare to start using 2 andvarius, so decided not to update current build.
Last edited by faction55 on Apr 28, 2014, 4:51:37 AM
Now soloed 77 maps. SS up for shrine Piety. Build works!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info