Squeaking soundeffects in described situation

Is this is a sound-bug maybe or this working as intended ? :

Since some days i am using incinerate with CHAOS DAMAGE and all the time i am facing "fire only resist" mobs i have all the time an additional squeaking sound and not the common "only fire-incinerate-sound" ... that additional ugly nonstop squeaking sound realy affecting/"destroying" my game experience.

For reproducing the "issue" i took a 2 gem slot chest and put a fireball + CHAOS DAMAGE gem in it .. and the same thing happens, all the time hitting a "fire resist only" mob ... i can hear that additiooal squeaking sound.

Taking out CHAOS DAMAGE gem removes the squeaking sound on "fire resist only" mobs permanent.

Edit: If the mob has to the fire resist an additional elemental resist, i.e. cold resist, than that squeaking sound most of the time doesnt appear, only if the mob has a single fire resist on it, it allways appears.

Edit 2: Here are two videolinks which demonstrate what i am meaning:

Comparison with and without Added Chaos Damage=>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66pm1g8n4_s&feature=youtu.be

Nonstop squeaking sound -.- =>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUze4z2dRbI&feature=youtu.be

Edit 3: It although appears sometimes when the mob only have "elemental resist" on it and no other resists ... arrr my eaaars
Last edited by chrizs on Apr 20, 2014, 11:17:02 AM
Yeah that's the sounds for chaos damage effects.

I have had a few people complain about this, but not enough to justify a quick change, it's been like this since chaos damage has been around so if it bothered more people there would be more complaints.

That being said, I'll consider changing it if I get some time to experiment with different sounds.
The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
so if it bothered more people there would be more complaints.
You've got one more of that people right here.
Maybe play this sound only for monster-originated damage, not for player-originated? It is good to get instant notification of my char (totem/minion) being struck by chaos damage, because it is generally the most dangerous type of damage. But there is no point in letting me know that me - myself - do chaos damage to monsters... because if I use CD I already know that I use it :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info