Shadow Hardcore build help

The only character I truly like to play is shadow with melee (usually claws), which I heard will not be very good in hardcore mode, since he's only liable with ranged weapons, but nevertheless I'm rolling with it. So I was thinking that I could go for full evasion with Acrobatics and phase acrobatics, but the last time I tried that the first spell weaving boss sent me straight back on standard. Is there any good way to build your character with pure evasion but still manage to overcome the spell damage? Also, another thing I've seen people do is go for Iron reflexes, which seems like a good thing to go for, but to get to it from Shadow's starting position on the skill tree i'd have to go through quite a lot of dexterity passives, and to think that it'd all go to waste by the time I get to IR makes me hesitate. Or is it better go for some other milestones that do not impair either armour nor evasion, and just stick with EV/AR gear? I'm sort of new to the game so I'm not really familiar with how to play Shadow but I refuse to roll with anything else xD
Spell damage can be tricky with any build. You can protect yourself against spells by maxing your basic resists (Chaos aside), kiting, using Purity of X auras, using flasks, stacking spell block (mostly for shield users, although there's a new unique quiver that gives some to bow users), going with Phase Acrobatics, or avoiding difficult enemies altogether (when mapping).

So, to overcome spell damage with an evasion build, Phase Acrobatics is a good start. You can also make a build with high block chance then swap out your main shield for Saffell's Frame when you go up against a tough spell caster.

Iron Reflexes with high amounts of evasion/armour is probably better than Acrobatics for physical damage mitigation, but I like the "feel" of Acrobatics better. It's personal preference and dependent on your tree. It's a waste of points to head over to IR in some builds.

Since you're sort of new to the game and seem to like hardcore, let me make a build suggestion:

Ethereal Knives

This build is pretty tanky against all sorts of damage thanks to Arctic Armour and Mind over Matter, and it's a good starter build because it doesn't require any crazy gear.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Hi,
I dont see ur build, have u taken it down?
EK is a really nice build for HC, I almost always played in new league to get some currency and gear for me other builds.

there are some HC trapper build around if u look on the forums.

Post it again if u still planing to play with it and we could have a look.

good luck
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info