we need an action building and here is why

right now we have trade chat.. where is the interaction with that? all it gives me is headache's browsing items that get spammed every second.

what we need is an area with a podium where people sell their crap by actively being there they have table where they can place their item and everyone can see the showcased item. now anyone that is interested in this item takes a "seat" at one of these podium's (max of 10 podium's per instance)

and once they have taken a "seat" have direct acces to their stash so they can grab their bids for this item.

you can join these instances through the auction board. as to keep it organized. it shows how many sellers there are and how many buyers if you join you have to choose what you are going to do buy/sell (seems obvious right?)

now to make matters more interesting we should have sound effects with it as well and a "mediator" that yells all the bids and slams down his hammer when an item is sold. (like a real auction)

now people tell me would this be fun?
would this have human interaction?
would this sort of solve the issue with trading in general?

i sure think so otherwise i would not have bothered posting.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Action house ftw!
also i vote for Cris being the voice actor for this mediator
"
Action house ftw!

took me a couple hours to realize
edit:
cant remove it now can i?
Last edited by agbudar on Apr 18, 2014, 11:56:23 PM
jokes aside what do you think of the idea?
"
agbudar wrote:
jokes aside what do you think of the idea?

I for one think it's a great idea and something this game in particular could use or something very similar.

I might even partake in the lols myself.
Last edited by Temper on Apr 19, 2014, 12:56:16 AM
They could just do what "guild wars" and "dungeons & dragons online". Consignment npcs that buy your items for an amount that varies based on demand vs supply and holds the item until its sold or when that instance's version of the npc is full. When items aren't worthy of selling they would offer you the basic vendor values, anything above that they offer you a percent of the amount it might trade for (and if it doesn't actually sell before town instance reset its gone down the item sink).

In fact, why not remove all gear from all npc vendors and stock them exclusively with player sold gear grabbed from a rotating warehouse (for that npc and level restricted) rather then random generated stuff out of nowhere? We sell stuff to the npc, he sells it back to newbies, they pawn if back off again and eventually its just deleted...
Last edited by Jiero on Apr 19, 2014, 11:38:44 AM
"
Jiero wrote:

In fact, why not remove all gear from all npc vendors and stock them exclusively with player sold gear grabbed from a rotating warehouse (for that npc and level restricted) rather then random generated stuff out of nowhere? We sell stuff to the npc, he sells it back to newbies, they pawn if back off again and eventually its just deleted...

although off topic i do support this it would also make sense
hmmm... no one else?
bumping it, and i say "yes" to the suggestion and i agree with the feedback.

Tradechat stinks, the folks that lurks there are greedy wanks that get offended when you ask for a price on an item that's interesting or if you give them a starting price on an item, and it's "way too much lol".

Granted, if they're morons in the trade chat, they could very well be morons in a trade-area.

BUT! If the area in question is actually thought out and offers a more relaxed method of trade, similar to the Forum sections, the trade in general would be improved. I don't have any charts or numbers to back it up, but google something similar to "why a relaxed environment is important" or something similar, and several different sources will indicate the same thing; that it generates a more rational and sane attitude.

TLDR Yarp, i agree with a) trade chat sucks b) this would be a good addition to the game (actually made a similar suggestion myself)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Last edited by Cergic on Apr 23, 2014, 6:46:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info