Dual Wield CoC Barrage Wander, (Need Help)

I've been farming for this build for a long time ever since my first witness of a Dual Wander CoC build. I now have a Tabula, some wands, some gems, and a CoC helmet. Ready to get nasty.

Intended Build

Intended Skills
Spoiler

(Multiple Targets) Barrage, CoC, GMP, Freeze Pulse, Fire Ball, Arctic Breath
(Single Targets) Barrage, CoC(Implicit), Arc, Fireball, Glacial Cascade
Flame Totem, GMP, Knock Back, Faster Cast
Clarity/Reduced Mana, Grace?
Arctic Armour

Intended Gear
Spoiler

I have a Tabula, and a CoC helmet(GBBB). These are the two things I mainly have to work with.
I am by no means particularly wealthy, but that's also part of what makes CoC Wanders shine.

Give me your criticisms unabridged. I have very little endgame-endgame experience. (Just got my first level 80 using one of Colby CheeZe's builds.) I am just trying to get some ideas, I am by no means claiming knowledge or skills.

All the Dual Wield CoC Wanders I've seen or read about seem to use EK, which I think is kind of overdone. It's understandable, but I've had an EK character in the past so it seems less attractive to me now, and the fact you need to run Hatred with it.

Questions(Please Help!)
1. Is GMP mandatory for maximized efficiency?(Aside from EK builds) Mathematically having the extra multipliers from GMP would be hard to top. At the same time running GMP on one of the sockets limits the spells to projectiles.

2. If all the spells you cast are elemental how do you do with spell reflect?

3. What are some good spell combos for single target or AOE? Please no EK, LOL.
(I have a helmet with an Implicit CoC mod from a Vaal Orb, GBBB) Has anyone tried Incinerate or Glacial Cascade?
Last edited by corrozu on Apr 19, 2014, 3:53:10 PM
I would advise going and poking around the Shadow forum. There are a ton of great CoC guides with elaborate discussions addressing all of your questions there.

And just because those builds use EK doesn't mean you have to. You can still follow the same specs and just switch in other spells.

That's the beauty and fun of this game is experimenting to see what works best for your particular playing style. And you have a Tabula Rasa, which is the perfect skill testing item.

In general, Chain works great with non-projectile spells like Arc.
LMP/GMP work best with Fireball, Arctic Breath, etc.
And you can combine LMP/GMP with Chain.
Or don't use any at all for more spell slots, with each individual one hitting harder and costing less mana. Cold Snap and Glacial Cascade are good ones for no supports.

How I deal with reflect: GMP+Chained Fireball with Fire Leech for lots and lots of small hits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info