Found a white 6 link body armor - sell or craft?

Hi all,

Last night I found the first 6 link I've ever seen (while running a lvl 69 map):

and I'm wondering what to do with it. My current body armor is this (5L, Life, Dual Resist):

The options I can imagine are:

1. Sell it. I checked poe.xyz but it didn't provide much information on the value of 6L, white, crappy base body armor. Can anyone provide a sense of what this might be worth if anything?

2. Craft it with a bunch of Alts until I get two good mods and then regal it in hopes of getting life/two resists to replace my current body armor.

3. Craft it with an Alch and maybe a few Chaos in hopes of getting at least life and two resists.

4. Craft it a bit and then sell it. What's the value of 6L body armor with not very good mods (like life and one resist)?

I guess doing 2 and then 3 is also an option. I'm not super rich (total currency probably in the 5-6 exalt range).

Thanks for any suggestions.
I would chrome it and see if I could get sockets colors I could use. If you got the right colors then you could use you quantity gem. I would then alch it one time just to see what would happens. If you get get some good, cool. If not depending on how many chaos you have why not try once or twice. If you're running lv 69 maps you can get two chaos back with one recipe. Even if you got bad rolls I'd keep it and chaos it every now and then just to see what happens. Not every finds a 6L, you may never see one again. I still haven't see one that's usable (Tabula Rasa robe doesn't count).
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
Thanks, getting the right socket colors shouldn't be hard. I'd need GGGRRR and this is a Str/Dex piece so that should come fairly easily. I've got 22 Chaos plus a bunch of Alchs/Scours so I could take a few tries at it if I didn't get something useful on the first try.

It seems like transmutation/alteration/regal gives more control (because you can use alts until you get two good mods) but you only end up with 3 mods where Alch/Chaos give less control but up to 6 mods. Is that right?
"
It seems like transmutation/alteration/regal gives more control (because you can use alts until you get two good mods) but you only end up with 3 mods where Alch/Chaos give less control but up to 6 mods. Is that right?
You can get more than three mods but it depends on what suffixes.prefixes combination you have. After you do the transmutation/alteration/regal method you can add more mods by using exalts. You can get better gear and weapons it just costs much more to do. I'm not a rich man being as how I don't trade so I always just roll the dice with alchemy and chaos orbs.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
I would also suggest going for Alch - Scour - Alch method. It's slightly cheaper than Alch - Chaos and provides identical results.

But overall as fazlez1 said already; alt-regal-ex gives better results but costs way, way more than alch-chaos or alch-scour-alch.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Vendor fodder or sell it to someone for a few low end pieces of currency. Being level 71 max really kills the overall value of it. Good luck
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I used about 30 Alts and a Regal last night and ended up with this:

which is an upgrade over my previous body armor. Maybe I'll keep working on it in the future but happy with the upgrade for now.

"
Killer123 wrote:
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I used about 30 Alts and a Regal last night and ended up with this:

which is an upgrade over my previous body armor. Maybe I'll keep working on it in the future but happy with the upgrade for now.

That's not bad. Maybe RNGesus will bless you with an exalt you can use on it. I will sacrifice a few rhoas to him for you as I farm the the Mud Flats in the Ambush league looking for strongboxes.
Last edited by fazlez1 on Apr 19, 2014, 2:01:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info