EB MoM Desecrate Chaos Trapper // would it work?!

Dear community,

I allways wanted to play a trap build but not one of those often used EE-tappers using either cold snap / ice nova + shock nova + fire trap.... well, you know what I mean.

So here is my idea:

Using desecrate traps to boost its chaos damage, also picked chaos dmg & dmg over time notes on the way.

But let me show you the passive tree, cuz explaining stuff in english is kinda hard for me.

Also which support gems would you add?! I specially have multiple traps + increased AoE in mind....

Well, here is the tree:
Spoiler

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgYABS0OSBGWFSAV5xjbGYYc3B6UIWAj9iQ8JpUqTSzpMhg2e0CgRitGcUkTSTtJUUp9TptQQlKvVUtW-lpIWm1br1u7YEtirGegZ_xsFm-eb7xwUXOzdEF07XTxdoJ6736wf8aCHoMJg9uFMod2iEKJ4Iw2j_qTH5MnnaqiLqbnp1ysP6xHrUqzA7QMtKO00bd1u03BxcM6yAzKSs0mznHVT9ad2FTZ4NsL2-fcV90N3V_ed-OE5ljrLOwY7g7uFe_w8Gv8S_zF

Bandit Rewards would be Oak - kill - kill.

Your help + opinions would be much appreciated!

Have a nice day & hf+gl playing! :)

( EDIT!!! ): UPDATED SKILLTREE
Spoiler

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgYABS0OSBGWFSAV5xjbGYYb4BzcHpQhYCP2JDwmlSpNLOkzeDZ7QKBGK0ZxSRNJO0lRSn1Om1BCUq9VS1YtVvpaSFptW69bu2BLYqxnoGf8bBZvnnBRc7N0QXTtdPF2gnfXeu9-sH_Ggh6DCYPbhTKHdohCieCMNo_6kA2TH5MnnaqiLqdcrD-sR6x_rUq0DLSjtNG3dbtNwcXDOsgMykrNJs5x1U_WndhU2wvcV90N3V_ed-OE5ljnOuss7BjuDu4V7_Dwa_xL_MU=
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Apr 18, 2014, 9:10:58 AM
If you're interested in a Chaos Trapper I'd advice you to take a look at this thread:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/883344

It's a Scion build, utilizing Desecrate trap, Poison Arrow trap, Detonate Dead and Fire Trap. It also has IR, EB, MoM, AA and high mobility for defence. I'm doing this build ever since my Marauder died (Invasion), and it's very effective( and fun), though it might require good movement and potion management to get the most out of it. The guide covers all the info you need!

About solely using Desecrate trap.. Personally I feel that if you'd only focus on Desecrate trap to deal chaos damage, the damage will be too low, especially when linked with multitrap and the fact your trap has a cooldown.
"
Spazmatism wrote:
If you're interested in a Chaos Trapper I'd advice you to take a look at this thread:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/883344

It's a Scion build, utilizing Desecrate trap, Poison Arrow trap, Detonate Dead and Fire Trap. It also has IR, EB, MoM, AA and high mobility for defence. I'm doing this build ever since my Marauder died (Invasion), and it's very effective( and fun), though it might require good movement and potion management to get the most out of it. The guide covers all the info you need!

About solely using Desecrate trap.. Personally I feel that if you'd only focus on Desecrate trap to deal chaos damage, the damage will be too low, especially when linked with multitrap and the fact your trap has a cooldown.

First of all thanks a ton for your answere!

The guide you posted also helped alot!
Did some changes in the passives after I saw it.

About only using desecrate trap: Isnt it posible to use more than one dececrate trap?!
For example having 3 parts of ur gear with different or same trap setups? So that I would not have to worry about cooldown... cuz in the guide you posted me, he also mainly uses the desecrate traps + they also seam to do the highest dmg. :)
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
The highest damage comes from the Poison Arrow trap, in a +2 to bow gem levels bow( or ultimately a +2 +1 bow). This does more damage than Desecrate will do, provided you got a good bow(A +2 to bows gem bow goes for around 1-2 chaos unlinked and without significant other stats, a Silverbranch to use untill that for 1alc-1chaos, Invasion prices).

At level 59, with both level 15 PA and Desecrate linked to trap,Inc AoE,Conc effect, my damage is:

- Poison Arrow: 1781,6 Chaos damage per second tooltip, with level 15 conc effect: 2939,64
- Desecrate: 918,11 Chaos damage per second tooltip, with level 15 conc effect: 1514,88

Poison Arrow does 1424,76 more damage per second than Desecrate, almost double damage of Desecrate. Why go for one of the two when you can combine their damage ;)

Though Desecrate grants another benefit: Corpses to use Detonate Dead upon, linked with life and mana leech to get hp and mana back and deal even more damage. I don't know if you can use more than one Desecrate linked with trap, btw.
same active skills have shared cooldown, meaning you cannot bypass trap cd by having it on multiple items, you can read it on patch nodes from somewhere around the time that cwdt gem was introduced to game

edit:
well actually I might be wrong when it comes to a skill + trap support. but atleast trap active gems have shared cooldown.

patch notes for skill cooldowns:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/516268
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
Last edited by kaarelo on Apr 19, 2014, 8:01:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info