constant BSOD (no audio related)

when i try to play POE i get constant BSOD, specially in act 2 maps (the map south of the crossroads and the forest map after you release Vaal oversoul). BSOD seems to increase every patch you guys release and everytime i put effects or shadows on. i've tested a lot of games and the only game i had problems is this one.

this problem is so annoying that i had to stop playing this game.
"
acid8000 wrote:
when i try to play POE i get constant BSOD, specially in act 2 maps (the map south of the crossroads and the forest map after you release Vaal oversoul). BSOD seems to increase every patch you guys release and everytime i put effects or shadows on. i've tested a lot of games and the only game i had problems is this one.

this problem is so annoying that i had to stop playing this game.

Can you please use a program like BlueScreenView to post the details of the BSOD so we can determine what is causing it, and come up with some possible things to try to resolve it?

BSOD is usually a driver problem (but can also be hardware). If we can locate which driver is crashing, we can make better suggestions as to what can possibly resolve the BSoD.
I was having issues off and on, and when the issues were on I'd bsod in the twilight strand zones.
think it was mostly my nvidia drivers crashing, but I can't say that's all it was.

seems to work ok now, so I don't know if it was a recent patch, or leprechauns, or what.
I realize I just jinxed myself
here is the BSOD info

https://imageshack.com/i/n66b231j

hope it helps
Last edited by acid8000 on May 19, 2014, 3:21:12 PM
That's a problem with your video card or drivers.

If you've already updated to the latest drivers, or tried multiple drivers and still have the same problem, then it could be a corrupt driver, corruption in windows, or a bad video card.

If you can, it might be worth re-installing your PC and drivers again and test again (before installing much else). If it continues to happen, you'd need to get in contact with the video card manufacturer for assistance with your video card/driver.
I had the same problem, the crash info was almost identical to yours. I had constant crashes (none on another old computer with Win XP and a GTX 250), I upgraded my card from a GT 430 to a GTX 750 Ti, and the crashes ceased. Some of the older cards draw too much voltage from what I understand. Before I had tried multiple drivers, including some very old ones, but all the time it was apparently the card.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info