Molten Shell EK Marauder

What this build is:
- a test of a theorycraft session that worked out quite well
- good killspeed, decent tank build
- affordable-ish. notable uniques cost up to 1-2 ex
- a work in progress

What this build is not:
- facerolling every content available spec
- unkillable hc build (playstlye makes it less suitable for hc in general)

The whole idea is based around the question on how to make Molten Shell the main damage source that can be used in all scenarios.

The problem are packs that deal no phys damage and thus naturally wont cause MS to pop.
This can be solved by an relativly new and really inexpensive unique item designed by ghudda:
Spoiler

As you might notice, the curse i put in the glowes is punishment, a curse which is OP as hell for this build.
With Punishment its possible to trigger MS with reflected phys damage.
I decided to use EK for that purpose since it was the only phys spell at the time i build the char and spell seemed the way to go for synergy with the resourced used to buff MS.
A melee skill to trigger might me possible too; would need less mitigation with faster smaller hits.
Glacial Cascade could work as well, but the phys portion of the damage might just be too low.

Accourding to the wiki and forums, the mitigated damage counting onto MS threshold can come from all kinds of sources besides damage conversion like lightning coil does (40% of physical damage taken as lightning damage).
This includes:
-Armor
-Endu Charges
-Arctic Armour
-Block/spellblock
-Immortal Call

Since i couldnt find a good way to incorperate perma IC into the build i deicded to go for a mix of the remaining points. The relaivly high mana cost of MS and EK goes in line with the required eldrich battery for a good arctic armour.

The spec i came up with looks about like this:

Similar to my tanky Flameblaster, this build makes use of EE fueled proliferate burning damage.

Gems

Im open for suggestions. I do like the lightning warp for EE and culling as well as mobility, but it could be removed for other things. the shocking tempest shield is an icing on the cake.

4-6l Armor in order of importance
Molten Shell
Ele prolif
burning damage
chance to ignite

aditional gems depending on personal preference:
iron will
fire pen
inc area of effect

3l+1/4l glowes
Punishment
reduced mana
clarity
determination (i have to use purity yet)

3-4l
EK
Faster casting
Life leech
Iron will

4l
Lightning Warp
reduced duration
culling
rarity

4l
Tempest shield
reduced mana
ele proliferation
discipline

3l
cwdt
flammability
ice nova

2x unset
enduring cry
arctic armour

current gear

Doon gives a free link for EK damage and the stone of lazwar with rathpith globe take care for a decent amount of spellblock.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info