Does quality really increase the chance of getting more sockets?

Hey guys,

Does appylying armor scraps to get 20% quality each jeweller will really increase the chance of getting higher amount of socket for a chest?

I know that's what stated on jeweller orb, but I know people sometimes just go through jewellers alone and get 6 socket. I seems to me the armor scraps sometimes doesn't even do what it stated, like its just for the show.
"
Lord_Philinux wrote:
Hey guys,

Does appylying armor scraps to get 20% quality each jeweller will really increase the chance of getting higher amount of socket for a chest?

I know that's what stated on jeweller orb, but I know people sometimes just go through jewellers alone and get 6 socket. I seems to me the armor scraps sometimes doesn't even do what it stated, like its just for the show.

RNG can be a finicky bastard. You can Q something 50 times and never get 6 soc. Or you can get 6 soc without any Q with 2 orbs.
Check out my Frozen Dagger build in the Shadow forums!!
Patience and persistence, the real keys to success in PoE.
"
Lord_Philinux wrote:
Hey guys,

So far, from the data people have presented to date, it seems that there isn't a strong consensus about whether or not its worth it to quality your unique/rare item before you attempt to fusing/jewelers it. However, and this is purely a guess, I would wager that since it takes only 4 scraps/whetstones to max quality on a normal gray item, it would probably be worth it to quality the item in that case (say if you're crafting something from scratch).

Furthermore, since fusings/jewelers specifically state that the quality is consumed to increase the chances of getting MORE links/sockets, it may be pertinent to apply quality before an attempt only if the previous attempt left you with 1 link/socket missing.

This is purely conjecture, but I'm just pointing out some ways to maximize the use of whatever the bonus to the chance is. It could well be that the bonus is large enough that its always economical to apply it, or that its small enough that it never is. As far as I know, the specific numbers just aren't available. And I sincerely doubt anyone will take make the effort to put in the probably hundreds of thousands of attempts necessary to get statistically meaningful data.
"
kellenlawson wrote:
"
Lord_Philinux wrote:
Hey guys,

So far, from the data people have presented to date, it seems that there isn't a strong consensus about whether or not its worth it to quality your unique/rare item before you attempt to fusing/jewelers it. However, and this is purely a guess, I would wager that since it takes only 4 scraps/whetstones to max quality on a normal gray item, it would probably be worth it to quality the item in that case (say if you're crafting something from scratch).

Furthermore, since fusings/jewelers specifically state that the quality is consumed to increase the chances of getting MORE links/sockets, it may be pertinent to apply quality before an attempt only if the previous attempt left you with 1 link/socket missing.

This is purely conjecture, but I'm just pointing out some ways to maximize the use of whatever the bonus to the chance is. It could well be that the bonus is large enough that its always economical to apply it, or that its small enough that it never is. As far as I know, the specific numbers just aren't available. And I sincerely doubt anyone will take make the effort to put in the probably hundreds of thousands of attempts necessary to get statistically meaningful data.

We would have to get two types of data. One from using scraps and one without. Then compare them.

Seeing as the chance is so low to get 6 sockets you are probably looking at those hundreds or thousands of attempts to generate any meaningful information.

Then there's the the other thing. Is there a way to quickly add 20% quality via scraps or do you have to go through the process of adding them one by one?
It probably effects it slightly... like changing it from an expected 1000 tries to 800 tries. Such a small difference would be hard to measure without extensive testing.
"
kompaniet wrote:

Then there's the the other thing. Is there a way to quickly add 20% quality via scraps or do you have to go through the process of adding them one by one?

You can shift-click to add one by one, which at least saves you an extra click per orb.

Instead of right click orb, left click item, you can right click orb and shift-left click multiple times to get to 20%.
"
Barkskin wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

You can shift-click to add one by one, which at least saves you an extra click per orb.

Instead of right click orb, left click item, you can right click orb and shift-left click multiple times to get to 20%.

Thanks for the tip.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info