Explain Vendor recipes and loot

Can someone please explain how vendor recipes work i give the vendor a 3 socket item and get crap alteration shards

What loot is worth picking up anything low lvl with 5 sockets ?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipes

The most useful imho:

Sell identified rares/magic items: alteration shards
Sell item with 6 sockets: 7 jewellers
Sell items with 3+ links and 3 different socket colors: 1 chromatic orb
Sell full set of itemlevel 60+ rares: 1-2 chaos (id/unid)
Sell items of same type with combined quality of 40%: Gemcutter, Glassblowers, Chisel (depends on item)
Sell 20% stonehammer + map: 1 chisel
Sell three 20% item of same type, normal, magic, rare: 1 alchemy

For levelling:
Sell weapon, rustic sash, 1 blacksmiths whetstone: obtain weapon with %dmg
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:

Sell 20% stonehammer + map: 1 chisel

Forgot to mention that Rock Breaker and Gavel also works with this recipe.
Last edited by Sarunastm on Apr 15, 2014, 3:47:58 AM
Ahh 3 different coloured sockets thats why

Didn't know about that stone hammer one. Don't forget 3 different two stone rings of each color combination for prismatic.
Orb of Alchemy 3 x Identified rare items with same name

also from the wiki, but it doesn't seems to be working..

what am i doin wrong?
Hard to say. But as a guess: Same name does not mean same type. The recipe refers to the (randomly assigned) names of the rares. Personally I think it is far too much of a hassle to manage rares so that you can find cases where the recipe applies.
"
BaalSeinOpa wrote:
Hard to say. But as a guess: Same name does not mean same type. The recipe refers to the (randomly assigned) names of the rares. Personally I think it is far too much of a hassle to manage rares so that you can find cases where the recipe applies.

I dedicated 3 tabs to same name daggers/wands with negligable results. Also seems like a waste of time to me. Commiting junk uniques to the chance recipe is not bad if you have the tab space. Chaos and regal rare sets and chissels are by far the most profitable.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Apr 17, 2015, 11:35:03 AM
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
I dedicated 3 tabs to same name daggers/wands with negligable results. Also seems like a waste of time to me. Commiting junk uniques to the chance recipe is not bad if you have the tab space. Chaos and regal rare sets and chissels are by far the most profitable.

Yeah, pretty much a waste of time. If you need alchs and are in the process of farming some area which prevalently drops same group of items it's easier to do the quality normal-magic-rare recipe. So, whenever you find a rare with quality close to 20 (preferably defense item, armor scraps are more plentiful), stash it aside and keep your eyes peeled for magic and white versions of the same. If you identified the rare you can just get two whites from vendors but that way you only get one alch.

Not really profitable, but alchs are something you spend a lot, and it's a good scrap sink. Once I got my hands on my torment stash I managed to turn a few tabs of trash uniques into ~250 chance orbs. If I did it back then, those chances could have been sold to voll chancers for ~60c (rates were great near the league end), which is honestly far more than those uniques were worth, assuming you manage to sell any at all.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 17, 2015, 11:50:46 AM
"
Centrius wrote:
Orb of Alchemy 3 x Identified rare items with same name

also from the wiki, but it doesn't seems to be working..

what am i doin wrong?

literally needs to have the same rare name e.g. three items named Morbid Locket

It's free, quit complaining, and just play the game.
Last edited by Benalishhero on Apr 17, 2015, 12:09:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info