Unfriend person still receive my status

I have Unfriend a person and he still see my my status at my friends list. why?
'unfriending' and even 'declining' did only affect your list, not the other one's... (would agree that this maybe is not how it should work, but thats actually how it is...)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
your online status is displayed on the ladder here anyway, your playtime and online status is shown on external websites.

so whats to cover by removing your friend entry at the other side when you unfriend someone?
"
cronus wrote:
your online status is displayed on the ladder here anyway, your playtime and online status

Only as long as you are listed in one of the ladders (or participate in events)
--
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Apr 15, 2014, 4:26:08 AM
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
cronus wrote:
your online status is displayed on the ladder here anyway, your playtime and online status

Only as long as you are listed in one of the ladders (or participate in events)

sure.
it's about time ggg is extending it's website api for getting any player's online status. i mean why restrict this feature only to people being in the ladder.

one reason for implementing this is, external websites for trading grab your online status from the ladder entry.

and the fact that people prefer to trade with players who are online makes up a huge trading disadvantage for players not being in the ladder.
Last edited by cronus on Apr 15, 2014, 5:21:42 PM
The reason is, that its based on a players base as of starting open beta (it was limited to 2000 entries in closed beta before this). It was never adjusted to the actual amount of chars, neither to the increased speed of leveling through additional content and better player experience/performance.

On the other hand, the ladder functionality (as of the website) is really poor: not even an option to see/seek for the positions of your own chars (just to avoid discussion about tracking other players) - with every increase of the length of the list this will get more worse.
--
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Apr 16, 2014, 2:56:58 AM
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
The reason is, that its based on a players base as of starting open beta (it was limited to 2000 entries in closed beta before this). It was never adjusted to the actual amount of chars, neither to the increased speed of leveling through additional content and better player experience/performance.

yep, true.

thats why i want them to extent their current api so that external websites don't have to download the csv file of a certain ladder to get the online status of certain players.
api calls are much cheaper and don't call much traffic as you can request individual users status on demand.

for looking up people one rather uses www.poestatistics.com than the website's ladder.
"
Malacek wrote:
I have Unfriend a person and he still see my my status at my friends list. why?

only perverts want in your/my friendlist so they can watch you, it is kind of bigbrother.
it is good option for CIA puppets or gamemasters

good advice start new account and dont add ppl to friendlist untill they fix unfriend.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info