[Not a Bug] SHIELD CHARGE CANNOT HIT MOVING ENEMIES

GGG can u clarify is this skills mechanics are working properly or if this is indeed a bug? If it is working as planned do u guys see any changes to shield charge in the future?
Hardcore Never scrubcore!
Shield charge only damages the targeted enemy, other enemies are pushed to the side as described on the gem. It can only damage the targeted enemy if you do collide with it on the movement, or if it's in within melee range on completing movement or stopping for a collision. The charge ends if you collide with the target and perform the melee strike, so if the enemy moves closer to you, you won't charge as far.

This is not a bug, but we do have plans to revisit shield charge in the future to improve it's usefulness.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 21, 2014, 9:55:27 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Shield charge only damages the targeted enemy, other enemies are pushed to the side as described on the gem. It can only damage the targeted enemy if you do collide with it on the movement, or if it's in within melee range on completing movement or stopping for a collision. The charge ends if you collide with the target and perform the melee strike, so if the enemy moves closer to you, you won't charge as far.

This is not a bug, but we do have plans to revisit shield charge in the future to improve it's usefulness.

A revisit would be nice, I personally think it should be a skill shot or an aoe at the end of the charge because even if the enemy has no movement speed and is slowly moving away from the shield charger, the skill will come short. In pvp if a enemy has knowledge of this the skill is pretty useless : ). Thanks for the reply Mark! I will just have to be patient : )
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

I used the skill a little while leveling, and I have to ask, when you guys rework it, please bring along with it a new animation. The current implementation really lacks "ooomph," it could really be made a lot more badass and full of impact with something like a few particle effects upon hitting or some dust kicking up on the floor. It could be a really awesome skill!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

I really do hope the plans come to practical things. Shield charge has been so bad since forever. There has been quite many ideas about how to improve but I am not sure why they are not implemented.
Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Nice. Maybe you have plans on creating/adding more shield related skills?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

skill taht i found were very useless

1 shield charge
2 animated wep
3 animated guardian
4 raging spirits
It is so awkward to use as a skill in general,let alone in PvP where i think it should shine the most. What is a gap closer that you cannot lead into battle with and know the outcome,the answer: garbage.
FIX PLIZ :)
Make it a skill shot, wherever the shield charge ends aoe damage occurs. It would fix everything seriously.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info