[1.1x] Frenzy Crit Archer (with Life / CI versions) /LookingForCritique/

Overall Plan
-6 Frenzy charges + 4 Power Charges
-loose emphasis on Critical strike + multiplier

Skills
#1:Frenzy supported with faster attack, increased critical strike,
weapon elemental damage, and increased critical multiplier.

#2:Still deciding between using CoC linked to spells or lightning arrow.

Auras: Clarity and Purity of Elements or Hatred
(Not sure if mana will be an issue yet; hopefully all three may be used at once)

Life build - Although the build doesn't have any health regen nodes,
blood dance sharkskin boots allows for a 6% health regen in addition to whatever gear that provides. If this build is chosen, it's best to use gear that favors evasion and dump the extra points into higher evasion. You may want to take out some life nodes and put them into the evasion + life nodes around "Revenge of the Hunted". Finally, grab ondar's guile and acrobatics; it's optional to get spell phase.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4F-Q5IEZYV8BmKGdUajxrbHNwdqh4aHpQj9iSdJpUqWy1HLYMwfDMMNj051DpYPs9GcVBCUUdTNVVLVi1aSF3yYlpirGNDbWxte2_ycFJwu3DVeLqHGYhrjDaNfZMnlciXBpu1naOdqp97oJ-iLqXLpzSqf6q4rD-sf7QMtUi95sM6xKLSGdN-1p3W0dkT3Ffe5d-Y4YjjhO4O73rv8Pba-WP7Cfyr_5P_3g==

Chaos Innoculation - There's a good amount ES + Evasion nodes readily available towards the right of the skill tree, so it's possible to get away with no life nodes early in the game. Wouldn't recommend it though. It's best to use gear that favors ES with this build. The extra points should be dumped into the mass of ES nodes to the left of where the shadow skill tree starts. Other than that, the extra points should be dumped into critical multiplier and critical strike.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABbUM8g5IEHsRlhXXGYoZ1RqPGtsc3B2qHhoknSpbKwosvy1HMHwzDDY9OdQ8jj7PRnFQQlFHUzVWLVZjXfJiWmNDbWxv8nBScLtw1X8rf8aGrohrjDaNv5MnmZqbtZ2joJ-iLqXLpzSsf7QMtDi0xbVItve95r46wQDBxcLswzrSGdN-1orW0deG2RPbGuGI44TlGeq662PuDu968uH1S_ba-WP7Cfyr_5P_3g==

If mana problems occur: Throw on ES + Evasion gear and grab eldritch battery.
It's also recommended to get the +15% lightning resist that are close by, which takes 2 points each. You have to grab the +6 elemental resist first, which is also nice.

Bandit Rewards
Normal : 40 life reward, 8 to all resists or the passive skill point.
Cruel : Passive skill point or +18% to physical dmg.
Merciless : Additional Frenzy charge (Absolutely!)

PS - I know lots of points are leftover; they're there if anything's lacking.
Builds are tentative and is subject to change. Currently having problems on deciding which build to use and figuring out leveling path. Constructive criticism is more than encouraged - would be happy to get some response!
Last edited by InsertName on Apr 12, 2014, 5:02:48 PM
Looking at the CI version, it isn't optimized at all. Right off the bat you can save one +10 dex and one +10 str without changing anything:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA_5MeGtIZ1tEqW7Q4tUjlGW1sjDZTNVBCm7WiLsM6GYoOSF3yVi37CRGW44SnNHDVrH_22p2jcLt_xohrY0NwUhqP_KvZExzcwcW29_Lhkycsv5mawuy0DIau62O0xUZx6roV1ysKBbXhiDyO14bBAI2_DPIdqlZj2xpRR6XLEHs-zzB8Mwz1S73mfytv8hnVvjr5Y9aKOdT_3hrboJ_uDu96034knWJa

I think this build is weak. Have you done many CI builds?

I would only grab "spell power" if I were doing a CoC build. I'm not sure if it applies to traps though, as I know spell damage does.

Here is a heavily changed version of your life build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA_5MeGtIZ1tEqW7VIbWxte1M1D6tVS5u153TwQow2JpXDOhmKYeI2PZXpVi37CaXLiGtf4ax_9toM8hnX44RrJN7lGo8FtQ5IwFGNv9QjsTARlqc0napw1VFHhs6do3C7f8ZirHBSPs8wfKq4_KvZEyep1p295n8rb_Kqfy9vWm35Y9aKOdSNfSQ8GtsV8KCfp1zuDudUOlhJUe96I_ZW-iT91QAEftN-7_D8xeHbhxkknVpIZ6ChpGJah3b-yEp9p9TcFcSiGf4bAQ==
Mana shouldn't be an issue with mana leech gem or on gear. But you should get a feel for things once you level up a character.

I would take out weapon elemental gem on Frenzy (unless you plan on running ele damage aura's, it won't make a good improvement on DPS) and put in Mana Leech instead. Physical Projectile Attack Damage would also be better than critical hit/damage until endgame at least.

Just my opinions. I had a level 85 Ranger in Domination with Split Arrow and Frenzy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info