Extreme Desync issues

I was wondering if anyone has noticed an unusually high amount of desync issues since the last patch. I have been tooling around on my phys bow ranger which has terrible resist and low health and have been more or less fine the previous week, but since the patch I'm lucky if I can get through most of the Act3 area's without 2-3 deaths. Even cruel Piety was fine till I got desync'd twice and ended up dead both times. My friend plays a tanky mace templar and he has had a higher amount of desync deaths as well. While some of these occured on open maps the vast majority ended up in maze/dungeon maps where you can't help but be around walls, pillars and door ways, places where precise and accurate control is absolutely necessary with squishy characters.

Am I just whining out my butt or is my imagination not running wild here?
Hello.. I noticed that too. Just defeated Piety on hardcore.. then my computer froze.. and game crashed. When I logged on again.. grrr.. I saw my first hc character become standard with 1 death. Next thing I did was uninstall the game! The desync is killing it.
Well Igor, I'd surmise that you did not kill her. the only time she can attack after death is if she's already casted that lightning attack that's similar to a Storm Herald nemesis mod. Some tips for her: bring a granite flask, and only attack her when shes in normal mode/fire mode. When she goes into fire mode be ready to use the granite if your hp starts dropping too fast. the ice form she has (blue portals) seems to do crazy high damage to me even at 77% - 80% cold res. I suggest hiding behind a pillar as soon as you see her turn blue.

your computer crashing and "Desync" aren't the same thing. I really get frustrated (as I'm sure 90% of the community does) when people generalize what desync is. it is a lack of sync between you and the server (speculation here: mostly caused by the hitcheck system)

example 1: you fight piety with spectral throw and all of a sudden, your attacks stop dealing damage even though you are visably hitting her. Assuming you have enough accuracy to hit her (or that never miss never crit passive), at this point the server and your client are out of sync. if you attack where she really is on the Servers, you'll start hurting her again (but finding this is a pain in the ass, and this is when most people type /oos to resync themselves). The game will resync itself automatically now and then when it realizes you are way out of sync but sometimes its not at a good time/not fast enough. /oos has a 10 second timer but its honestly the only reason i made it past merciless in invasion.

Example 2: you join a party and start noticing a complete lack of sync. Hit F1. if your latency is over 50ish you have joined a party from a different region than yourself. there are a few gateways on the login screen. If im NA (north america) and you're EU, and i make the instance, you'll get around 150ms of ping instead of 50. the asian one? (not sure what its called exactly) you might get as high as 1500 ms of ping (my experience). At NO POINT is this the server's fault, you are not "Desync'd", you are just playing on a server that has high ping for you due to regions. the only way to fix this unfortunately is to play with people from your gateway. whoever makes the instance = their gateway is used.

Example 3: you go into a dominus fight and start lagging. maybe you have 10 - 15 fps but still 50 - 100 ms of ping. You arent desyncing. Your client eventually crashes from the lag and closes, or maybe your computer restarts from overheating. You didnt desync. You log back in to find your character dead after your client crashed. You didnt desync.

They did add (Speculation again though confirmed by many people) a timer on Alt F4ing that makes you stand there like a target when you close the client mid-combat because people starting Alt F4ing constantly any time they were in a dangerous situation.

As most of that was directed at the 2nd post, here's some /ontopic - I use the NA gateway and I have not noticed ANY CHANGE in desync issues from open beta till now, aside from about a week after the 1.0 launch (probably caused by a huge influx of players). If you are getting latency issues, restart your router/modem. If they persist make your own instances and see if its your end. At 50ms? desyncing more than you can stand? google "path of exile autohotkey /oos" and find the forum post (on this forum) that GGG has stated within the rules to use as long as it doesnt repeat on its own on a timer.
Last edited by ExaltedExile1 on Apr 12, 2014, 12:26:55 AM
I do not think you are whining at all, this is RIDICULOUS!!

I am SICK TO DEATH of being killed because I am standing outside of a room with WAY too many monsters in it, and all of a sudden I am in the room, surrounded, and DEAD....

I have heard all of the useless comments about desync on the forums, but they do not address the reality of it that it ONLY seems to happen in in POE, and I have not seen it in ANY other MMOs. At least not like it is in POE, where you are almost always killed by it.
My character is a 80+ level Shadow, with an evasion based defense, and decent ES, but when desync kicks up, which is relentlessly, he almost always ends up being instantly killed, and losing 10% of his experience, which is NOT peanuts at that level, and sets me back like 3 days of playing. This is also why I refuse to even attempt to run through maps....

All this because Grind Dear is SO DESPERATE to kill you off that they have to pack every inch of every instance with far too many OP monsters, and they are honestly not smart enough for this!!
Last edited by cortni on Jul 18, 2014, 2:09:25 PM

I don't notice it at all, because I've been sitting in town trading or AFKing 24/7. This game has forced me to farm orbs and wealth via the least-dangerous way possible, and that is via trading. Can't die to desync if I'm sitting in town!

With that said, fuck desync to hell and back.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Jul 18, 2014, 2:30:08 PM
"
cortni wrote:

I am SICK TO DEATH of being killed because I am standing outside of a room with WAY too many monsters in it, and all of a sudden I am in the room, surrounded, and DEAD....

I have heard all of the useless comments about desync on the forums, but they do not address the reality of it that it ONLY seems to happen in in POE, and I have not seen it in ANY other MMOs.

This is not an MMO.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
cortni wrote:

I have heard all of the useless comments about desync on the forums, but they do not address the reality of it that it ONLY seems to happen in in POE, and I have not seen it in ANY other MMOs.

This is not an MMO.

Arguably. And that doesn't change anything about his point. The extend of how visible it is in POE i have also never seen before.
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
cortni wrote:

This is not an MMO.

This is an MMO.....
Massive Multiplayer Online game, and my statement stands!!
"
rrtson wrote:

I don't notice it at all, because I've been sitting in town trading or AFKing 24/7. This game has forced me to farm orbs and wealth via the least-dangerous way possible, and that is via trading. Can't die to desync if I'm sitting in town!

With that said, fuck desync to hell and back.

This is actually a good guide for new players.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
Don't mind me, I was just in here to see if Dirk had posted yet, he must be sleeping.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info