Whch Gloves? (85 Marauder)

So I picked up some 2nd Gen Thunderfist murder mitts, and on the first map I do to test it out. I loot this:

Spoiler

now compare with the Thunderfist:

Spoiler

SO my question: Should I use the new gloves and ditch the thunderfist? The Havoc talons have nice life and 2 good resists, in addition to 15% attack speed. When using Thunderfist, my fire resists becomes 69 (with everything else maxxed). I can make up the fire resists with 2 passive nodes that I'm next too, but not sure if worth it. I get a little more regular DPS wtih the HAvoc, but of course, that doesn't take into account the lvl 18 lighting damage (or does it?) and shock damage. I also noticed my mana keeps up a lot better with the Havoc gloves (I rely on a 20 quality mana leach gem).

I'm a sword and board physical damage dual strike marauder. My gear:

"

Passive Tree:

Thanks in advance.
Check out my live stream at http://www.twitch.tv/huskylawyer.

IGN: Farrakhann (Standard) - Lvl 89 Marauder
Amazing gear!! Also, if you are doing lightning damage, the thunders will scale the DPS nicely- so I guess it's up to weather or not you want to be more resistant to damage or more efficient with the DPS. If you aren't doing anything with lightning, ditch the Thunders as your Talons are gorgeous. Talons have life, res and armour reduction mods for your IR- I presume since you are wearing a Daresso. PLUS mana conservation is imperative; to me, the Talons are the best of the two.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
Amazing gear!! Also, if you are doing lightning damage, the thunders will scale the DPS nicely- so I guess it's up to weather or not you want to be more resistant to damage or more efficient with the DPS. If you aren't doing anything with lightning, ditch the Thunders as your Talons are gorgeous. Talons have life, res and armour reduction mods for your IR- I presume since you are wearing a Daresso. PLUS mana conservation is imperative; to me, the Talons are the best of the two.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't rely on Lighting or elemental damage much, so I'm going with the talons. I'm just a little angry because I looted the talons literally the first map after I bought my murder mitts lol. I was like, "dang,...just bought these mitts and I ended up finding better in same day."

The loot gods are taunting me.
Check out my live stream at http://www.twitch.tv/huskylawyer.

IGN: Farrakhann (Standard) - Lvl 89 Marauder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info