Divine orb's function? Can it be predicted?

Hi i have a 5l plate which i would like to obtain better stats for as only 1 stat is good (the life).

I was looking around and i came across poetools.com and they have a list of all possible item rolls etc etc.

Now i also saw that the item level impacts on the 'area' in which item modifiers roll in.

E.G Item level of 78 can roll (100-109) + maximum life.

NOW this is where i get confused, my chest plate (shown above) is of item level 78...yet its life mod is <100 which is outside of the item level boundaries as shown above.

If i use a divine orb will that put the maximum life within that boundary?

If not how does this system work?

My theory - well its a question really.
When a (for example) item level 78 item is dropped it can contain up to 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes. Those prefixes and suffixes, can they be from ANY tier or will they only be within the level 78 item level roll boundaries.

E.G. using my plate.
Using the item_affix page from the poe wikia i have determined that it has the following rolls:

Prefixes:
Armour category - Girded level 72 - 101-120% added armour
Life category - Fecund, level 64 - 90-99 added life

Suffixes:
Added attribute category - Of the Goliath, level 55 - 33-37 added strength
Life regeneration category - Of the Newt, level 1 - 0-2% life regen OR Of the Lizard, level 11 - 2-4% added life regen.
Resistance category - of eviction, level 44 - 16-20% added chaos resistance

Now what would happen if i use a divine orb. Will it re roll the numbers WITHIN THOSE BOUNDARIES or will it give me new, updated boundaries??

So would it change the life category from, level 64 90-99 boundary to: Vigorous, level 72, 100-109 added life?

A divine orb wont affect the armor category since it is the top one, so it would only re-roll the numbers in that category.

For life regeneration will it update it from the level 1 or level 18 boundary which this plate has to the top tier level 78 'of the Phoenix level 78, 6-7 life regeneration.

For added chaos resistance, will a divine orb update it from its level 44 category to the 'of exile level 65 26-30% chaos resist'

So in summary will a divine orb change the categories in which prefixes and suffixes of an item are rolled in?

Will it change the categories to ones which are the same level or as close to the item level of the item? Is my example of using a divine orb correct or wrong?

OR WORSE will it randomly select any category from level 1 to level 78?

Last bumped on Sep 26, 2016, 8:45:34 PM
Yes it will reroll between the boundaries. It is not possible to change the tier of a mod by a divine orb.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
all rolls stay within bracket.

Resulting from this life would become 90-99 after divining it. It is not worth divining this item probably. Instead you should use some blessed orbs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArsB7KohOhhpdHoyZzU2WVZZNXQxMDg4MVk1b0FGbkE#gid=1

here you can check mods, some are outdated tho
Last edited by LSN on Apr 7, 2014, 6:57:49 AM
Divines only change in its current bracket, you can't divine it to a higher/lower bracket
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Ok, thank you for your help and advice. Its a shame that the brackets cant be changed, but i guess that would make it divine orbs too useful and powerful.

Many thanks all
If the brackets could be changed, they would go up and down!

Divine orbs are great - they have their uses especially when rolling uniques
I have a ilvl 100 vaal regalia and it had a tier 1 % ES on top, i used 1 divine and it dropped the tier to 2..... can anyone tell me why if it cannot change brackets then why did it?
If you've ever operated a microscope, you probably know there is a coarse tuner and a fine tuner. The Divine Orb is usually a fine tuner (the closest to a coarse tuner in this analogy would probably be the Chaos Orb).

At GnarTheRipper: That's generally a misreading of modifiers. Most likely, your chest had combined ES% and ES%/stun recovery %, the latter being called a "hybrid mod." In Path of Exile, the pure ES% mod and hybrid ES% mod will combine into one item description line.

For example you could have a 100% ES mod and a 50% ES / 20% stun recovery mod, which will show up on the item as 150% ES and 20% stun recovery.

Link your item if you have doubts that this is the case.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info