[1.1] [AMBUSH] Cheap Double Strike + Spectral throw marauder

All right, i wrote my build for a friend and since i got the text i'm gonna share it with you guys.
The whole build is very similar to a standard DS marauder, but i added a 4-link ST because i hate the lack of ability to use juking in certain situations.
PLEASE NOTE this is not a high-end gear based guide!

Pros:
Can handle any map mods. (tho not comfortable with half-/no-regen/enfeeble)
Tanky as hell.
Flexible both skill & itemwise.
Cheap(ish).

Cons:
Mediocore dps
Needs specific gear due to stat requirements.

Passive tree:
Spoiler

What i currently have:

I have axe nods, if you find a decent priced sword/mace go for them passives
Leave the axe/mace/sword dmg & block nodes for last.

Unweavering stance & Iron reflexes is an option you should consider if you want to play pvp. You'll have to sacrifice quite much to get them tho. In pve it's not an issue unless you face vulnerability curse.

Iron grip is also an option only. I like it so i skilled it, but if you don't need the 30 int passive you can skip that part completely.

Bandits:
Spoiler
Help Oak
Help Oak
Kill all

Skills & Links:
Spoiler
Double strike - melee splash - multistrike - faster attacks - melee phys dmg (- added fire dmg in 6th link)
Spectral throw - Gmp (lmp for leveling) - faster projectiles - projectile physical damage
Dominating blow (20%) - item rarity - culling strike
Leap slam - faster attacks - added fire damage (to be able to switch easily of needed)
CwDT (lvl 1) - Decoy totem - Enfeeble - enduring cry
reduced mana - hatred - determination
Level purity of lightning (till lvl 17 only) & purity of fire in switch (till lvl 20). The rest is your choice. (also start leveling a gmp when you can but dont use it until your mana can handle it)

U can use blood rage if you have high enough chaos resistance & liferegen.
You can use immortal call (20%) with selfcasting for opening boxes.
You can use vaal molten shell as well for boxes.

What you'll need on gear:
Spoiler
Enough resistances to get maximum value.
Life on EVERY item.
2% manaleech, or 3 if your dps is too low.
Dex [for double strike] & int [for item rarity & lvl 17 purity of lightning] since you'll have some problems with them.
(You need about 80 dex and 15 int total & an extra 40 int on an amu/ring to be able to use lvl 17 purity of lightning vs temple piety & torture chamber boss - NOTE that this item is used only when you go on these maps, dont invest too much in that.)
Also you'll need a shaffell's frame shield for temple/torture chamber/crematorium bosses & igna phoenix exile.
60+ (so overall 0+ resist on merciless) chaos resist to negate the life cost of blood rage.

My gear:
Spoiler

My stats:
Spoiler
5066 life
15600 armour
1000 evasion
53% block chance (will be improved by more levels)
11500 double strike dps (5-link) (12500 with 3 frenzy charges)
1500 / 3500 Spectral throw dps (gmp / faster attacks)
210 iir with culling.

Tactic:
Spoiler
Use double stike in most cases.
For tanky exiles you can switch melee splash with added fire dmg.
For half/noregen you can either switch faster attacks with manaleech or melee phys/added fire with blood magic.

Use spectral throw if it's risky to face the crowd or the pack is so big it deals more damage (boxes, shrines, narrow room entrances).
Also use spectral throw for certain bosses. (Cells boss with lmp/gmp map mode, torture chamber boss, maze vaal, or whenever you feel like its safer. Switch GMP with faster attacks vs single target.)

Use your shaffell's shield for temple/torture chamber/crematorium bosses or igna phoenix exile with the right purity gem (fire/lightning).

Use blood rage againt bosses like dominus/cells boss.

Flicker strike piety runs:
Spoiler

When i get bored of high level maps i usually run some lower level areas with flicker strike.
It's pretty simple to convert into a flicker, just switch some gems & jewellery.

What you need:
5+% manaleech
Mana potion
Blood rage
0+ chaos resist

Switch Double strike with Flicker strike and Dominating blow with Heavy strike.
Start killing a pack of mobs with Spectral Throw to gain at least 1 frenzy charge. After that just hold shift & left mouse button and watch the mobs melt. ^^

You can go for maps as well with flicker if your dps is high enough. You need to kill white mobs with only 1-2 hits. (My dps only allows me to go on lvl 68 maps, not higher.)
You can also switch off your Determination aura for low levels.

You'll need to use Heavy strike for rare mobs most likely & spectral throw for some magic packs. Carry your Double strike with you to kill Piety.
Last edited by Flutt3r on May 5, 2014, 1:20:24 PM
If you have any questions/suggestions feel free to ask here or pm me.

Big thanks to KorgothBG for adding my build to the official build list! /o\
Up

Flicker stike tactic added. ^^
Minor changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info