AoF Cyclone + COMK + DD

Hey guys,

wanted to get your opinions on an Idea. The idea is to run Cyclone + COMK + DD to do devastating AoE Damage. --This will be ambush league--

Cyclone
COMK
DD
Conc. Effect

(not sure on 5L/6L)
#5 -- Cold to Fire? (convert the full amount of Hrimsorrow) Would Weapon Ele Dmg have a huge boost since it will be pure elemental damage?
#6 -- ???

Approach 1) To do this we would use AoF to convert Cyclone to 50% Damage + Chernobog's Pillar to convert 25% of the remaining damage to fire and then lastly Hrimsorrow to turn the last 25% to cold and convert 12.5% of that cold to fire (at least that is how I believe it will work).

Approach 2) I think overall the best choice for DPS is to just run AoF + Hrimsorrow + 2h and skip chenrobog since its level req. 61 and do 75% dmg as fire overall till Oro's. Also not sure how I feel about all that increased phy/fire damage taken.

Approach 3) But Ele Reflect has me very worried leading me to go back to dealing only 75% fire dmg (AoF + Hrimsorrow) with cyclone and running a 1h(no idea what one) + Rise of the Phoenix combo to help cap fire resists.

Obviously we will want to wear our Carcass Jack as well to boost both Cyclone and DD radius when paired w/ conc. effect.

Currently I have a 5L Carcass Jack and about around 2.5ex to 3ex in currency available. (Maybe grab a thief's torment for the life gain on hit allowing me to maximize dps on cyclone since carnage heart will be worthless)

As far as ST goes for, I was thinking IB or double strike and rolling blender style.

Please let me know what you guys think and what approach I should take or if you have any other ideas feel free to add them.

Thank you!

Last edited by Kartikdon on Apr 5, 2014, 8:06:26 PM
I was brainstorming on the DPS between running AoF or not.

It seems overall DPS would rank as such: I assumed running (lvl20) WED w/ AoF builds and (lvl20) Added Fire w/ Phys builds.

1) Oro's (most squishy) + AoF (2h)
2) Phys 2h no AoF w/ focus on phys does
2) 1H Run AoF + Hrimsorrow + Chernogobg's (We have block but not over the top fire resists)
3) 1H No AoF & Focus on Phys Nodes
4) 1H Run AoF + Hrimsorrow + Rise of the Phoenix (Block and highest fire resist vs elemental reflect).

The damage difference between each one seems to be quite decent, though I am not quite sure the value of 1 elemental damage vs 1 physical damage. You know, what damage type holds more value pure point.

Still not exactly sure how this all would play out but I am liking the idea. I messed around with it on my CoC cycloner for fun and its enjoyable to watch.

Really could use some advice or thoughts since I am leaning towards starting this one but I want to path for the most effective method. Also I am not sure on how I am going to keep my HP up if I run AoF. My gem slots wont allow me to take LGOH so I was thinking Thief's Prismatic + Vitality aura? No idea how I can gain LL from the fire damage without linking it with a gem.
NVM, this part wont work here... Still need to run Vitality and get enough LGoH to try and not have to run LL gem.

edit:
So more ideas on keeping my HP up:
1) Oro's + Blood Dance would mean I would gain 4% life regen per second in addition to the 3 in my tree and the 1.65 (at lvl 20) from Vitality if even ran it. Here we are relying on the massive fire damage for oro's to kill everything quickly but really not sure how much survivability it will have overall.

2) 1h + Shield and run the anvil for the 20 something life gained per block + vitality if I were to run it. Faster attack speed due to the 1h = more hits during travel time. The 10% reduced attack speed sucks but the reduced movement speed from it is a bonus as travel time will take longer giving us hits per cyclone.

Either way I NEED thief's prismatic, no way around that one.

Last edited by Kartikdon on Apr 6, 2014, 12:53:41 PM
Thought process bump

Decided to re-work my gem set up process to something like this:

1) Cyclone
2) COMK
3) DD
4) LGoH
5) Blood Magic
6) Conc. Effect (IF I ever get a 6 link -- might be better to give up carcass jack for a 6L armor and just try and roll decent stats???)

This should be more then enough LGoH, between the gem and Thief's Torment, to sustain the large demand cost of the blood magic gem. This will also keep my mana pool open for auras. Now one thing I cant believe I forgot was the Anger gem.

Aura Set up
1) Purity of Fire (kind of helps save us from frying our own butts)
2) Anger (HUGE boost in damage since we got a lot of fire nodes)
3) Determination
4) Reduced Mana (of course)

The anger gem should really help cover the damage lost by having to keep LGoH in the mix.

was thinking of working in AA but I don't think i would be able to maintain it very well

Still wouldn't mind an outside opinion.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Apr 7, 2014, 3:37:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info