Advice on CI fire witch build

Hi, i left this game cuz i messed up my character and decided to try it again after all the updates and skill reset. Witch is lvl 74.

I've read some guides, got confused, etc. Basically i want a CI fire witch with good criticals, elemental resistance and mana regen since i plan to use arctic shield. Life leech will be in the mix. This is my passive tree so far (just started):

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABUIHYw5ID8QRUBGWHwIqjSycNsU22Dt8O-FBlkkbVytd8m0Zf8aCEIdliEKMNpeFnC2dY6IuoqOksacrrrOvt7jKu9bBxcHz37Di9-WO5oHsVfId

I doubt anyone wants to give me a full, detailed explanation, not asking for that, but some cliffnotes on how not to mess this up or any advice will be most welcomed. Thanks for reading, i could really use some help.

ps: My gear isn't approapiate for this build at all so i have to farm. If anyone wants to sell some acceptable yet cheap gear suitable for this build i'll buy it at the usual rate.
Last edited by stylus90 on Apr 3, 2014, 1:14:07 AM
Currently I'm also playing with Crit CI Fire Witch, but i run Power Charges and dont run Arctic Armour because with Infernal Mantle i need to keep my mana stable and with 186 Mana Reg I still balance on falling in Low Mana zone.

My passive tree is not final. Still considering few options and will need to do calculations and likely refunds, but those are minor changes. But basically all tree's are kinda similar with few changes depending on gear, skills used.

Few Advices: consider taking Influence, good boost to Clarity and Discipline bonus. Sovereignity also good for mana reservation costs reduction.

Deep Thoughts - lots of mana and mana reg. If you plan to run Power Charges then it's obvious thing, if you dont calculate maybe it'll be worth it

Elemental Adaptation. +2 max resists.

My current Fire Witch passive tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwelDkgRLxGWFVAV1xZAFy8abB8CKU8qjSycLL8tHy9vNsU22DrYO-FDY0bXRwZJG0myTLNN2FAwVdZWY1crWPVdxl3yXypfamBtY0Nk52aebRlwUnC7cNVxTX_GgKSCEIIehX2GrodliEKIa4w2jHaOZJeFmZqaz5wtnWOdgJ2jna6dxKSxpwinK6-3tQS297b6tzHAUcHFwfPC7MNt14bYJNkT2t3bXt3z37Di9-OE5CLljutj6-TsGOw47FXyHfLh8933pvrS_Ks=

About your tree. In right side near Mental Acuity/Blaze you took 2 Intelligence nodes instead of 1 Intelligence and 2 20% Crit nodes. I think you should reconsider, because if you're running crit build you'll need that Assassination node.
Last edited by Sarunastm on Apr 3, 2014, 2:38:56 AM
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBAcFQgdjDkgQexEvEVARlhJpFVAV1xccGmwfAiepKU8rCiycLL8tHzbFOtg74UGWRwZMs03YUDBWY1crXfJfKl9qY0NtGXBScNVxeX5Zf8aBb4IQgpuFfYauiEKIa4w2jHaOZJmanWOdo52unjyio6SxpwinK66ztMW297b6u9a-OsBRwQDBxcHzwuzDbdeG2CTa3dsa217fsOL344TkIuWO5oHrY-vk7BjsOPId8uHz3fVL96b8qw==

Instead of getting so many fire damage nodes that aren't actually that great, go for more crit and get Power charges, then use PCOC on your main spell. And since you crit, you can scale the burn, but it's not needed.

EDIT: Refer to some stuff on the post above me. You'll probably need some of those aura nodes. Just keep in mind you probably can't run Arctic Armour since you don't have that much mregen.
Last edited by mimivirus on Apr 3, 2014, 2:42:48 AM
Spoiler
"
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBAcFQgdjDkgQexEvEVARlhJpFVAV1xccGmwfAiepKU8rCiycLL8tHzbFOtg74UGWRwZMs03YUDBWY1crXfJfKl9qY0NtGXBScNVxeX5Zf8aBb4IQgpuFfYauiEKIa4w2jHaOZJmanWOdo52unjyio6SxpwinK66ztMW297b6u9a-OsBRwQDBxcHzwuzDbdeG2CTa3dsa217fsOL344TkIuWO5oHrY-vk7BjsOPId8uHz3fVL96b8qw==

Instead of getting so many fire damage nodes that aren't actually that great, go for more crit and get Power charges, then use PCOC on your main spell. And since you crit, you can scale the burn, but it's not needed.

EDIT: Refer to some stuff on the post above me. You'll probably need some of those aura nodes. Just keep in mind you probably can't run Arctic Armour since you don't have that much mregen.

Yeah, arctic armour is nice, but hard goal, I'm not sure if taking all mana and mana reg nodes and stuffing gear with mana reg would be enough to support it.

After recent patch those fire damage nodes became quite decent, but still not first or second priority.
Thanks for the help, clears a lot of things. Definately power charges, PCOC is a must and more crit nods. I thought those fire damage nods were more significant. I'll look into Sovereignity and influence, maybe get em at a higer lvl, i'll make some calulations online and see how it turns out. Btw, what about cast speed and increased elemental damage nods?

Also, i just saw that int nod instead of 2 crit nods. Yeah it was a mistake. Also thanks for posting the skill trees, i'll use em as a reference.

This is my tree so far, prety much the same as what you two posted. After CI and infused shield it's done, 1 point left: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABUIHYw5ID8QRLxFQEZYV1xZAFy8abB8CKU8qjSycLL8tHzbFNtg62Dt8O-FBlkNjRtdHBkkbTLNN2FAwVdZWY1crWPVdxl3yXypfamBtY0Nk52aebRlwUnDVcU1_xoCkghCFfYauh2WIQohrjDaMdo5kl4Waz5wtnWOdgJ2jna6dxKKjpLGnCK6zr7e1BLb3tvq3MbjKu9bAUcHFwfPC7NeG2CTbXt3z37DjhOQi5Y7mgevk7DjsVfId8uH3pvrS_Ks=
Last edited by stylus90 on Apr 3, 2014, 4:06:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info