Reave + claw and axe DW

Just so I understand the mechanics correctly. If I reave with these weapons:

Only the claw will hit so all damage leeched will be instant, but the skill's dps is calculated from both weapons combined? But taking claw damage passives would only be half as effective as when I'd DW claws?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Apr 2, 2014, 4:06:31 PM
The character sheet/tooltip DPS lies.

You'll only use the claw with Reave. This means that you will attack at the attack speed of the claw and the base damage will only be from the claw. Claw nodes will increase this damage, Axe nodes will not.

The axe in your offhand will be a glorified stat-stick, and the stat-stick has "free mana, cold res, physical damage chills". Reave will never look at the axes damage stats or attack speed in any way.
Last edited by pneuma on Apr 2, 2014, 5:36:35 PM
Hmm that's too bad. How could one test this? Tooltip says ~30k dps, how much do I actually do? Clear speed is insane tho.

One thing is for sure: the leech is only instant if the claw is the MH. If it's in the OH the attack still works but with normal leech (and can't leap slap then).

Just did some Hillock runs with a grey low lvl claw vs ST in OH, about the same kill speed despite half the tooltip dps. They really should fix this. Real shame though, the no mana req is priceless. Even with 5% mana leech I run dry without it.
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Apr 2, 2014, 6:53:50 PM
It's not "half" the tooltip DPS. The tooltip DPS assumes you alternate hands (incorrectly), that's all.

If you had two identical Bloodseekers, your DPS would be the same as it is now. That's probably the easiest way to make the character sheet/tooltip DPS look correct.

It's not impossible to calculate the DPS yourself, either. Calculate the average damage you do per hit, calculate the attacks per second, tada.

If your clear speed is insane, then does the number on the sheet matter?
Last edited by pneuma on Apr 2, 2014, 7:25:28 PM
Clear speed is insane because the gear is overkill for early merc. I like to theorycraft based on the tooltip - swap out gems and gear and immediately see the effect - and figure out where to go with the build from here.

How do I calculate it manually though if equipping the ST changes my APS on the sheet?

soul taker:

200 dps rare claw:

Can I still multiply the MH damage by 9.41 if ST has no effect on attack speed as you said? That'd put it at ~11k dps. Does the bottom combo actually do 25k dps or is it off as well?
"
holocaustus wrote:
How do I calculate it manually though if equipping the ST changes my APS on the sheet?

You can do it by hand, it's not too difficult.

Your base attack speed with bloodseeker is 1,57 and it's increased by 473%, that gives you attack speed of 9 aps.

Your average total damage per hit is 1138.

Chance to hit is 86%

Chance to crit is 39%, crit multi is 530%, which makes your crit bonus damage 0,39 * 0,86 * 4,3 = 1,44 so your crit damage factor is 2,44

So your total DPS with main hand only is:

1138 * 2,44 * 0.86 * 9 = 21491
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:

You can do it by hand, it's not too difficult.

Your base attack speed with bloodseeker is 1,57 and it's increased by 473%, that gives you attack speed of 9 aps.

Your average total damage per hit is 1138.

Chance to hit is 86%

Chance to crit is 39%, crit multi is 530%, which makes your crit bonus damage 0,39 * 0,86 * 4,3 = 1,44 so your crit damage factor is 2,44

So your total DPS with main hand only is:

1138 * 2,44 * 0.86 * 9 = 21491

Sweet, thanks. I totally forgot to include hit and crit chance.

So if that's the actual dps using ST offhand, is the ~25k dps figure with the claw offhand accurate in the lower pic? That'd be a fair trade-off for free mana and 2 auras.

And to make sure, all dual wield passives still apply if I DW with ST, even if its damage is ignored?
"
holocaustus wrote:
So if that's the actual dps using ST offhand, is the ~25k dps figure with the claw offhand accurate in the lower pic? That'd be a fair trade-off for free mana and 2 auras.

And to make sure, all dual wield passives still apply if I DW with ST, even if its damage is ignored?

DPS with the claw in off hand is most likely accurate, but it also might not be, I'd need to see the off hand sheet and claw itself. Who knows, tooltip is often iffy and char screen even more so. Best not to dwell on it too much.

Yeah, you get all DW passive bonuses even if you never use the other weapon.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info