how do i get the right items for my build?

I play poe a lot still relatively new here and am learning. what seems to be bothering me is that trade currencies they are just so rare i have never had a single exalt orb and all the good items cost least 10ex. is there a way i can farm exalt orbs or any other currency for that matter?. every character i build falls apart due to lack of proper gear or sub standard ones this translates to "i cant farm fast" any help would be appreciated thanks.
"
I play poe a lot still relatively new here and am learning. what seems to be bothering me is that trade currencies they are just so rare i have never had a single exalt orb and all the good items cost least 10ex. is there a way i can farm exalt orbs or any other currency for that matter?. every character i build falls apart due to lack of proper gear or sub standard ones this translates to "i cant farm fast" any help would be appreciated thanks.

The game is not for a short term goal, it is not made to be played in a fashion where you can attain all the best gear the minute your able to equip it.

Its not made to be able to be farmed for even specific gear.

Your meant to make a character and play the game, perhaps you will find something to make your character better or you can store it away for ideas you might have on another character.

people need to remove the idea from their heads that POE has short term attainable goals. This game is designed for the long haul.
well, no new player needs gear that costs 10 ex, first off.
you can get that stuff eventually but you have to go through the system --- there's a reason it costs 10 ex, and that's partly because a lot of other players want it, too, and there's only a limited supply to go around.

I would suggest looking around the boards, youtube, or google for various ways of gaining wealth in poe, but here are a couple quick tips --
- pick up every blue you can, id it and vendor for alts.
- any item you see with at least one of each color linked (red/blue/green) will vendor for a chromatic orb, and you can even buy these from the vendor for a transmute on occasion (tranny being worth much less than chrom), and there may be other useful vendor recipes you can google
- learn the actual worth of teh various crafting orbs as currency
- once you amass 3 chaos worth of orbs, hunt around trade for a multistrike for the 3c and sell to somebody else for 6-7c.

but, generally the best way is to just progress thru the game, picking crap up, and by the time you're in a3 merc and actually need some of this gear you will have a much better idea of what to do.

just because your neighbor drives a porsche doesn't mean you need one or deserve one.

I didn't buy any of these, and they've actually piled up relatively recently just by playing and keeping an eye out for chrom items
You can accumulate currency by selling even the most basic currrency. As the one poster said, If you have a bunch of chromatics there's always someone who will need them. You sell your chromes for chaos, you sell those chaos for exalts, etc. You can do this for any orbs. Someone always needs alts, fusings, jewelers, etc. Someone always needs gear upgrades. You could take the "crappiest" rare and sell it for a few alts but eventually you'll have something you can trade. Some people expect and want to get rich all at once by selling the most expensive gear. It can be done selling a lot of crap really cheap too. For example, this is some of the stuff sitting in my stash right now. I'll probably end up vendoring most of them but I hang on to them because they're not THAT bad.
Spoiler

Most of it is probably considered to be vendor trash by most people who do a lot of trading but for a person who is poor and can only afford to pay a few alts, chromes, etc, but need upgrades it can be considered platinum. You can get rich by selling a lot of things really cheap. Think about it, look at what Walmart has accomplished. My point is take your crappiest rare and sell them for anything you can get. Anything over a few shards is profit. Yes, there's a chance someone will take what you sold them and flip it, but as long as you're getting closer to buying what you want to buy that shouldn't be a concern of yours. Before anyone asks; no I don't trade. It's too time consuming. I prefer to either be killing mobs or helping others here in the forum.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info