Maru Infernal blow Build help (again!)

Right here i am again, asking for help again, gah this is so bad D: but here we go:

The issue is, i just logged in, went to upper scepter of god (A3 Merciless) and i died within 5 secs, went through a door and R.I.P So, i guess i need/want help. If need be i will start a new build (don't really want to) but please, if you can gimmie some sort of gear to go buy, or anything like that please let me know.

The build

Gear
Spoiler

Any advice is welcome and thank you if you can help!
It doesnt look so bad.. You absolutely need at least 4-Link for your main skill.. also, Seething life flask (instant recovery mod) can help you with "oh crap" situations

Sceptre of God is for many players the most difficult (and annoying) area. I find <70 lvl maps (even with mods) easier than this. So my advice would be to join some party for this area and Dominus or just run through to Dominus

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Okey soo pretty good stuff, need to make a party, already killed dom in a party :D and am tryin' teh map however it is hard, before sac of vaal i could run maps (was running spec throw and 3.5K life) but now i only got 2.7K but DPS used to be 600 now it's 3.5K so it's a bit of MEH but i think that i should just party up and suck it, thanks for the help
UPDATE: Just got that flask:
But is the amount of life recovered supposed to be that low?
"
Ravenstaver wrote:
UPDATE: Just got that flask:
But is the amount of life recovered supposed to be that low?
You also have these type of instant flasks

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think it's a bad idea to take Unwavering stance when a melee build. You're up close and you're going to get hit anyway. Why would you guarantee you're going to get hit? I also think I can recall reading a high armor build is less likely to be stunned as well.

Also, why put points in Faith and Steel when none of your gear has energy shield? Your weapon is an axe but the are at least 10 points wasted in mace nodes. If you plan on switching to a mace later you should use 2H nodes that way they apply to both types of weapons.

Consider trying to get 4L on your gear. You could then try to add a faster attack gem to your main skill like this A melee splash gem does wonders for big mobs too.

You could then run a CWDT gem with this type of setup

I would put them on your helmet, because you should try to get movement speed on your boots in case you need to run away like a scared child (I've done it with absolutely no shame) or if you need to chase down a fast moving mob.

Farm for some alts and just buy jewelers from the vendor one at a time until you get what you need. That way you don't waste unnecessary currency. You could then do the same thing and buy fusings and 4L them. That is what I did because I don't trade.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
Last edited by fazlez1 on Apr 2, 2014, 2:46:58 PM
- just curious, are your resistances maxed with that gear?

- and if you want to focus on infernal blow, use it on the 4 link and add your multistrike, you will notice a BIG difference clearing packs.

- You plan on using a Marohi Erqi? all those nodes from maces are useless to you right now, respect to physycal damage that benefits all weapons and few of the axes ones for the moment

- i wouldnt use unwavering, stun should not be a big problem(with high armour and life), if you go to duelist area from the road above the one you took, you can save some points.

- warlords mark is better if you just cast it manually, cast when damage taken is much usefull if you use it with enduring cry to gather charges and since increased duration doesnt work on charges you can use a decoy totem (or rejuvenation you already have) or molten shell. Using cwdt like this you should probably only level it to lvl2 so it triggers quick. And you freely lvl warlords mark to high levels for more leech
Last edited by mraistlin on Apr 2, 2014, 3:01:04 PM
IB is a facetank skill so every mob encounter is more or less a gear/build check. You would probably be happier with a kiting skill like spectral throw. Face tank skills make poor noob skills in general.
I have given up on this char for now, i have decided to go for spec throw once i have enough regrets, but i am working on a witch now, waddya think:
PASSIVE:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABkkHYwj0DY0TbBVQFy8c3B0UHaoi9CQ8J6ko-iqYMYg8jkZxSOdJUU25VdZXK1fJWm1akWTnaqxr22wLc1N5A30YfdJ_xoCkgseFYI9GkyeboacIp1yofarEtAy4k7-XwFTJPcy80NDT-9kL4Yjmgeq66-7sivF28h731_qA-tI=

GEAR:
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info