Resists

Currently I am rocking this build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMFLQ48FHEZLhznIPAkiyfVJ-0otTpSPQ9AoETnUFBUSVYEVw1YY18_YIhhUmoeajtyqXy7fNmGYIwGjM-ezZ_LpKynMKgYrKq53cRYxPbFisbY0iHZYd-_51LvDu9O8B_yL_ZI974=

I have 27% physical reduction, 52% fire, 63 cold and 69 lightning, and -3% chaos at lv 45.

I keep seeing people saying "Keep your resists at 75%" but I honestly can't see how unless you roll nothing but resist % on rares.

I'm not dying much on cruel, when I do it's generally hit detection bugging and killing my Life Leech.

But just out of curiosity, how am I supposed to "Keep resists" capped?

Orbs of Chance never yield rares for me. (0 in 24) and I keep burning orbs of alchemy for better rolls and never seem to get them.

Is the "Keep resists capped at 75%" mentality actually feasible pre-endgame?

I do quite a few farming runs for lulz and I can't see how you could possibly keep resists capped and be in merciless this soon after open beta.
You can use a shield. Templar shields can have up to 24% to all resists, and if you take the shield passives in the upper left side of the skill tree, you can get another 30% resists for having a shield equipped. Together with the two Diamond Skin nodes in the melee area, that's +84% to all resists.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info