A unquie: An unexpected disconnection occurred.

Salutations Path of Exile community and GGG,
An exhaustive forum search and complete reading of the pertinent stickies has yet to reveal a solution to this problem, or even an exact replica.

The Expierence:
I launch the client. I see the top deck of the ship. I login to any of the geographical options (America, Australia, Europe). The bottom right corner informs me that I am on release 1.1.1c. Bottom left reads: > Connecting to login server. > Connected to login server. > Authenticating user... > Authenticated.
All is well. I double click any of my characters. "Contacting Server..." appears middle screen... Bottom left reads "An unexpected disconnection occurs". I am returned to the top deck of the ship.

The facts:
I played this game Thursday afternoon with no problems. Friday this began to happen. Today is Saturday, the 29th of April, and this continues to happen. I have yet to set foot on Wraeclast. I am running this game through steam, on a Windows 7 64 bit OS. I connect over Ethernet. I have read through the log file, and as no IP address is listed, just the "An unexpected disconnection occurs", error, I cannot run WinMTR. I have pinged the servers I connected to in the past with no problem.
I have 5 friends who play this game using the same campus wide internet provider. Of the 4 I have talked to, none are having this problem. The 5th has not played since the patch. I can play other online games. I have restarted my computer several times. I have deleted and reinstalled all the local files for POE through Steam. I have run POE's packCheck. All indicate that is all is well with the game.

Summary:
Despite my best efforts, no character of mine can load at all. I can only connect to the login server, not any of the game servers. It is likely not my ISP, as all my friends use the same ISP, and have no issues. I am at a loss of how to proceed. But I will say, this game is brilliant, and I do not begrudge GGG for this momentary set back in what has otherwise been a flawless and fantastic gaming experience.

The Computer:
CPU: AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 2.99 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Network adapter: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

I am much obliged for any relevant advice in my quest to continue to enjoy this fine electronic experience.

-The exiled Path of Exile player (get it?)
I tried something else:
I downloaded POE externally of Steam, trying to see if that would work. Of course, I could not figure out how to log in with my steam profile to that system, so I made a new account, which I will delete as soon as things go back to normal. The same error occurred, only a little more dramatically. When I clicked on leagues, to select which league the character I was creating was going to join, the client crashed. Which reinforces the idea that it is a network problem. Alas, it does not provide with any of idea of solution, or even an IP address to trace route or run winMTR on...
me too have frequent disconnection lately.

"An unexpected disconnection occurs", i cant join at all. But you just keep on clicking, like 50 times or wait for 10 mins then reclick another 50 times, then u should be able to log in. If you ask me why, i really have no idea. I can watch youtube, listen songs, play other online games, everything is normal, i even turn off my firewall. -.-' so just keep clicking...
-------------------------B U M P ----------------------------------

same problem.. a friend and I were playing yesterday getting really bad lag and the frame rate jumping.. was watching when hitting f1. now i cant connect.. i can get in the game where the town is.. anything else bye bye.

Please let us know what we must do?
Same problem, almost same circumstances. My WinMTR log
Spoiler
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.1.1 - 1 | 195 | 194 | 1 | 1 | 32 | 2 |
| 192.168.17.1 - 72 | 52 | 15 | 2 | 3 | 9 | 2 |
| 192.168.80.1 - 78 | 49 | 11 | 3 | 4 | 9 | 7 |
| cein179069.ceinetworks.com - 78 | 49 | 11 | 3 | 5 | 10 | 7 |
| ctt191130.ceinetworks.com - 72 | 52 | 15 | 2 | 6 | 11 | 3 |
| h214.35.129.40.static.ip.windstream.net - 80 | 48 | 10 | 3 | 5 | 10 | 5 |
| h148.34.129.40.static.ip.windstream.net - 78 | 49 | 11 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 9 |
| h14.34.129.40.static.ip.windstream.net - 80 | 48 | 10 | 14 | 16 | 26 | 16 |
| te3-5.bbr01.eq01.wdc01.networklayer.com - 80 | 48 | 10 | 14 | 15 | 19 | 19 |
| ae0.dar02.sr01.wdc01.networklayer.com - 78 | 49 | 11 | 15 | 17 | 31 | 15 |
| po2.fcr01.sr01.wdc01.networklayer.com - 72 | 52 | 15 | 15 | 16 | 19 | 19 |
| speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com - 80 | 48 | 10 | 25 | 34 | 43 | 25 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info