What do you think of this PC?

Ello,

I've been doing a lot of research trying to figure out a good configuration for my computer I'm wanting to build mostly for PoE and Dark Souls.

Mobo: ASUS M5A78L-M LX+
RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu 2x4GB 1600Mhz
CPU: AMD FX-6300
GPU: Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
PSU: Corsair 430W
Wireless: TP-LINK TL-WN881ND Wireless N300 PCI Express Adapter

What ya think? I know I could get a GTX 760 but that's way to much for a GPU.
I dunno about that CPU for gaming, though it's unlikely to make a difference in PoE (or most games for that matter).

There are a couple of better AMD gpus at that price, but apparently PoE and AMD don't go together so well so I can't really suggest them either.

Do you really have to use wireless stuff?
Better to have wired internet for gaming. Also I would pick up an Intel CPU instead of AMD.
"
I dunno about that CPU for gaming, though it's unlikely to make a difference in PoE (or most games for that matter).

There are a couple of better AMD gpus at that price, but apparently PoE and AMD don't go together so well so I can't really suggest them either.

I've seen similar configs running the Nividia+AMD like this config, is there that much of a difference?
Yes, can't do Ethernet. I'm very far away from the router.
"
EvilWiffles wrote:
"

I've seen similar configs running the Nividia+AMD like this config, is there that much of a difference?
Yes, can't do Ethernet. I'm very far away from the router.

On average (that is, factoring other games and apps), a low end i5 (quad core) or perhaps even high end i3 is a fair bit better due to the much better single threaded performance compared to the AMDs.

The AMDs tend to catch up in heavily threaded environments, but they're always behind on memory bandwidth and single threaded performance, most games are still dominated by serial processing.

Though PoE doesn't have any appreciable CPU usage so it won't make a difference in practice and I'm not particularly sure about relative pricing at this point.
Aside from maybe a better MoBo (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131873) you're good. This is a solid setup, although AMD CPU's usually have awful box coolers, and you might want to invest a few dozen $ more into a decent cooler.
http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/gibson2.jpg

Mel Gibson is your daddy... and, you don't really want to know what he does.
One note, don't expect amazing things out of a 750 ti. It will do for now, but if you start getting into heavy gaming you'll want more power.
If you want to be running games at 60 FPS all the time on max graphics, I'd really reccommend AT LEAST a GTX 770 (runs like a charm, I love this card, 780 is nice too) and an Intel Hexa-Core processor. Hexa-Core is fucking sweet, runs things at ungodly speeds.
Hexacore is overrated. Better to have a few strong cores than many weak cores. Most of the time almost all cores will be idle or next to idle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info