Prozon's Spellcaster / Summoner Templar Build. (OUTDATED)

Spoiler
Thanks for the guide. I just started playing and this is my favorite style of character to try. I can see how a summoner needs more gear and isn't automatic easymode like it was in say D2 (at least not immediately at level 1-2), but so far so fun.

Since I'm new I'm still a little confused on some mechanics. Mainly, how does Ghost Reaver work with a spellcaster? Looking at life leech on the wiki says that it returns a % of physical damage, so I guess I'm missing something.

Heh, nevermind. I see the support gem in your gear... that makes a lot more sense. :)
Last edited by Rasm on Mar 4, 2013, 8:20:28 PM
I'm currently lvl 25 following your build. However, I seem to run out of mana very rapidly. Especially now that the skills Ice Nova and Ice Spear are higher levels. Should I try to stack mana regen on my gear?
I don't think you will have infinite mana at lower levels. I forget when that happens though.
wonder how important are gems
IGN: BruceeWaynee
"
papanugget wrote:
This was a fun build. I got up to level 68 and died stupidly to Vaal by not paying attention and walking into a one shot arm slam. Oh well. Might try this one again but have a bunch of alts I want to get to endgame too.

How do I go about showing my gear in the forum?

same here. i got to 65, and got really screwed up by rng on vaal.had last 3 rocks all on my head almost istantly, + between 2nd and 3rd i got shot by lightning...

was a really fun build though :D
Hey Prozon and others,

Thanks for the really great build. I'm currently 51 in North America HC and made it to Cruel A3. Having a good time as safe / cheap first POE character to farm up gear for other chars I want to make.

Having said that, I'm close to making it to Merciless and I need a serious bump in gear quality to be able to handle life there. Does anyone have any gear for this build that I can buy or that you want to donate? I don't have much to offer except for a few orbs that I've found (chaos, alchemy, few gcp, etc.) Gonna make a post in the trading forum as well, but I thought I'd ask here too.

Here's my current gear. I know that I need a lot more life, resists, armor, es, and spell dmg/crit/cast speed for Merciless. Also, please ignore my gem links right now. I know they're not correct, I've just been moving them around to level up as many gems up as possible as I farm docks. I hope to eventually get a 5L chest for FP, lmp, added lightning dmg (for shock stacks), blood magic, and life leech. Then I will be able to drop clarity and run more def auras. If I keep Clarity then I'll drop the blood magic for faster projectiles or faster cast. Currently using skeleton totem instead of ice spear to help tank until my zombies get more buff.

Message me on here or in game. Thanks!

IGN: Barnabiowns

Last edited by Barnabijones on Mar 8, 2013, 7:46:05 PM
Hope this isn't so old it's a necro, but Prozon you made an edit on the 19th and the tags got messed up. The whole end of the OP is shoved into a hyperlink. :)

I got my hands on a Specter gem and the boots of ullr, which is fun for now. I've finally got enough minion nodes to make them a bit more survivable as well. I was hoping to doublecheck your recommended skills to see what I might trade for specters.

Also, I'm pretty much only partying with my wife who's playing a critcold witch, and while both of us going cold works well with Frostbite, I was sort of kicking around the idea of switching to a lightning damage source to amp up her damage instead. (And Static Blows is right there...) With a huge wall of zombies/skeletons/specters, would shock nova be usable from the right distance? Arc just seems bad, though I guess if I'm giving up on my own damage Arc+Chain might be a good way to reliably build shock stacks.

Can anyone tell me how small the deadzone on shock nova gets if I add in a Concentrated Effect support? That was my other idea of how to minimize the annoying part of the spell.
Last edited by Rasm on Mar 26, 2013, 12:58:27 PM
agreed, i was referencing this on my templar summoner.. was sad to see the formatting get all fubar'd
Can I use this build but use a 2h weapon such as a mace instead? It's very close to a death knight style of playing I would like to do.
Okay just noticed the formatting was all screwed up, just fixed that and edited my current gear and build while i was here :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info