"The Weaver" - Dual Shockwave Totem - A really good solo build. [1.1.1]

"
t223223 wrote:
About what level should I respec into Ancestral Bond and how would the damage be if I were to replace magnate belt with a rare belt? Defensive approach in invasion is the key to success.

You will lose a couple of hundred dps max, going from a magnate to a 25% phys belt isnt a huge deal.

I was looking for a good phys belt myself.
Do you recommend a Carcass Jack with this? Also, you mentioned something about using Searing Bond against bosses. Why? Is the damage from dual shockwaves not enough, or do the bosses gib the totems? I'd love to use this build, but having to use Searing Bond is a bit of a turnoff.

Thanks!
i imagine you could use minions or traps instead of searing bond would just have to tweak the build a smidge

love the vids very tempting to play this build
How viable would it be in higher level maps and specifically in groups?

I'm currently running a dual flame totem with around 2300 tooltip dps.
Totem + gmp + fire pen + chaos + faster casting. (around 10k shotgun dps)

Can this build get better damage and totem survivability?
Last edited by pipser on Mar 27, 2014, 2:45:53 PM
Just about to start an invasion character as my friends wanted to do an all summoner walk through so ima use this based offa your build :)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAuMEswZJB2MHpRDMES0R2xNsFE0UcRZvFy8ZhRo4GmwkqicvJ-0o-ioTKpgsnCynNuk62DwtPV89_EWdSbJKxE3YUlNVrlW1VcZV1lcrWGNY5VnzWitakV5dXz9gbWTnZp5qrGvbcqlzU3qqeyB8g30YgKSBb4LHgziIQIx2jM-Ovo9GkDOQVZeVl_Sa4J2Ana6ePJ7NogCj8qSspqynCKcwp4SnlKh9rKq4k7yfwBrAVMEEwxPE9sauxtjN-s9l0NDR_dP72Qva3eNq45_qGOvu7Djsiu8O73zyL_Pd9kj2rvcy-JP46_no-oD60v6H

should be fun altho its gunna be tough starting out as summoner tho as i dont get any summon passives till i get to level 30ish but the shockwave totem should provide nice cover for everybody and ill be fairly tanky to begin with
OP: Great idea and build. Very impressive and original.
Check out my live stream at http://www.twitch.tv/huskylawyer.

IGN: Farrakhann (Standard) - Lvl 89 Marauder
Hey,very interesting idea using the much neglected shockwave totem. What is the DPS you achieve on each pulse with your current setup + Hatred?

Thanks
ditched the summoner idea went pure totems ^^ super fun

found this early on might not look it but its awesome thats 42% icreased dmg to everything includeing shockwave totem :D so was viable to start as shockwave totem from lvl 10

"
Armleg wrote:
Nothing beats the Shockwave when it comes to aoe-clearing tho.

First of all let me say, I always loved the idea of doing a dual shockwave totem build, i will defenatly make one in the upcoming 4month when i farmed some currency.

And here comes the but: That statement you made there is not true ;D MANY more builds that clear 100x times faster (yes 100 times faster, well they require a shit tone of more currency, but even some cheaper ones clear wayyyy faster) My selffound Trapper in the 2 weeks cleared way faster, just for an example, low life shav builds (doesnt matter if wander/st), crit windrippers prob even the best clearspeed i have seen, poision arrow trapper by raizqt only requires a +2 bow and clears way faster, just some examples.

Nothing against you m8, im glad you try to make shockwave viable, but it will never become viable, 50% reduced dmg effectiveness just suxx so hard with such a low based damage, it will never be able to clear faster then some cheaper builds out there. The surviveability due to knockback is great, yes, but doesnt make this build able to do map dom/piety, once i see a shockwave totem build do dual piety/dom i will bow to its effectiveness, otherwhise its will always be a fun, but not viable build in my eyes.

That doesnt mean the build is sick, and clearspeed is still awesome and can be enhanced
Last edited by DerKobold16 on Jul 9, 2014, 7:17:05 AM
"
DerKobold16 wrote:
"
Armleg wrote:
Nothing beats the Shockwave when it comes to aoe-clearing tho.

And here comes the but: That statement you made there is not true ;D MANY more builds that clear 100x times faster (yes 100 times faster, well they require a shit tone of more currency, but even some cheaper ones clear wayyyy faster) My selffound Trapper in the 2 weeks cleared way faster, just for an example, low life shav builds (doesnt matter if wander/st), crit windrippers prob even the best clearspeed i have seen, poision arrow trapper by raizqt only requires a +2 bow and clears way faster, just some examples...

He was saying nothing HIS CHARACTER does beats shockwave totem for AOE clearing, not that nothing in the game beats shockwave totem. I don't think anyone is suggesting this is the highest aoe dps spec, just that it's a unique/novel one that can be effective enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info