"The Weaver" - Dual Shockwave Totem - A really good solo build. [1.1.1]

I present to you all -- The Weaver build

"Whats that?!" You think.. Well yes, its completely viable and possibly even really good, im steamrolling through maps with this build.

Its alot of fun and refreshing to play something unusual.

Showcase of the build in Docks:
lvl 74 with lvl 17 gems.

My gear:
Spoiler

p.s: The Spelltotem - EK - Added fire in mainhand is a experiment.

The build so far:

A low quality video of a grotto map:

Shockwave totem scales with(in order from best to worse):
1: Cast speed > Makes the totem "pulse faster" also you cast faster (0.35 attacks per second is where you atleast wanna be) ((note that the more cast speed, the less effective it gets, find the sweetspot.)
2: increased physical damage (scale everything, physical > fire part > cold part)
3: Increased elemental damage (scales the added fire and hatred part, also added lightning to some extent)
4: Increased Fire damage (scales your added fire)
5: Increased Cold damage (scales your hatred)

Honorable mentions: Ofc it scales awesome with Totem damage nodes, but you figured that out already..

Let me know if there is a intrest of me elaborating the information in this "guide" and i will.

/Armleg
Last edited by Armleg on Mar 21, 2014, 8:34:58 PM
updated
Looks like an interesting build!

Gonna try it out. Just wondering which skill you used to level until Shockwave totem started being effective :D
I've been interested in a shockwave totem build ever since I had a quality one drop for me. I'm curious what you did while leveling.
"
FedEXguy wrote:
I've been interested in a shockwave totem build ever since I had a quality one drop for me. I'm curious what you did while leveling.

I rushed for dual totem ASAP actually just to test it out.

Ran a 4L as soon as possible with:

Shockwave Totem
Added fire
Added lightning
Faster casting

But a few levels after switched out Added lightning to Increased area of effect (Quality is really nice)

With that i ran Hatred... You will use alot of mana so i used 2 decently fast mana potions while leveling.

And you dont want to quick ones for your mana pool, just a constant stream of mana so it keeps filling up as you totem jump forward (never let the mana cap out when using the mana potion)

And now after playing the build for quite some time, i recommend using a searing bond totem for singeltarget, it helps alot.

Nothing beats the Shockwave when it comes to aoe-clearing tho.

Just remember you need to be active with replacing the totems as they push the mobs away (especially ranged mobs)

And thats what i like about the build the most, its really active, even tho its dual totem. You constantly move and reposition the totems to hit as much mobs as possible.

Well hope that helps a bit guys and ill gladly answer more of your questions!
"
kattrulle wrote:
Looks like an interesting build!

Gonna try it out. Just wondering which skill you used to level until Shockwave totem started being effective :D

See my answer above.

You will be suprised at how good it is.

Also i think i used heavy strike to smack some rares with untill like lvl 25-ish

After that i just went balls to the wall with cast speed

Stone of Lap
Those shitty unique gloves with atk/cast speed
The magnte belt

2 maces with 10% cast speed(make sure its maces cause some of our damage scales with the implicit mod of Elemental damage (cost like 1alch each)

Yeah thats about it, Castspeed on 2 weapons, amulet and gloves -- rings are nice if you haave some cast speed ones, but its ok without.

Aim to have 0.35~ attacks per second on the totem, with faster casting support gem.
Thanks for the great answer :). Gonna try this when I get home from work!
"
kattrulle wrote:
Thanks for the great answer :). Gonna try this when I get home from work!

Have fun :) Lemme know how it goes!
Do you think that this build would be Invasion viable?
Thanks for replying. I'm going to give it a shot one of these days. Still working on a couple other characters atm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info