Docks Far Shot dogs need serious balancing

79 Fire resist, 20 chance to block spells.
4.5k life
Farming Docks for Sacrifice shards. 2 second desync and the dogs absolutely ignore my 79 fire resist does that sound balanced at all for a lvl 61 area? I'm lvl 77, what about people who get there with 50 fire resist? 40?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Are you sure that they didn't have multiple projectiles?
"If we don't end wars, wars will end us."
"
S4l3m wrote:

LMP flame puppies.
one of the worst things in the game, dating back to Open Beta if not earlier.
no AI. one attack. obscene damage. extreme efficiency in exploiting the slightest desync.

Arctic Armor, Saffell's awesome shield, or you're fucking screwed. especially as melee.

plus, there's an even nastier map boss version to REALLY melt your face off.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 19, 2014, 2:43:44 PM
"
S4l3m wrote:

yes LMP farshots
"
ganjarak wrote:
79 Fire resist, 20 chance to block spells.
4.5k life
Farming Docks for Sacrifice shards. 2 second desync and the dogs absolutely ignore my 79 fire resist does that sound balanced at all for a lvl 61 area? I'm lvl 77, what about people who get there with 50 fire resist? 40?

Assuming merciless, there is no way the people with 40 would have survived solaris temple and thus never would have even seen the docks unless carried... the game is balanced so that 75% resist here is the same as 0% in other games.

They absolutely expect massive overcapping and flask use just to be near a place where survival is a possibility.
Last edited by Jiero on Mar 19, 2014, 3:04:04 PM
"
ganjarak wrote:
"
S4l3m wrote:

yes LMP farshots

Void Bearers with LMP are borderline broken, the geometry of their projectile is such that for all intents and purposes the projectiles end up stacking into one, result being that you end up being hit by a single projectile that does like 3*70% damage, which means that you effectively take 2.1 times as much damage as you normally would.

"
Jiero wrote:
the game is balanced so that 75% resist here is the same as 0% in other games.

This is just a lie and you are just QQing.
I've made it pretty far into merciless with like -20 - 30% to some resists, and yes there are situations where that really, really sucks, but you can get through the game.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
Last edited by f3rret on Mar 19, 2014, 3:05:39 PM
"
f3rret wrote:

"
Jiero wrote:
the game is balanced so that 75% resist here is the same as 0% in other games.

This is just a lie and you are just QQing.
I've made it pretty far into merciless with like -20 - 30% to some resists, and yes there are situations where that really, really sucks, but you can get through the game.

and in other games that -30% here would've needed about -200% there to make for a equal experience. The number of hits needed to kill you in the same time span is roughly the same at those points. Its not crying as I learned to always overcap, its just how its balanced here. Damage spikes that high and that fast compared to other games. Walking into merciless solaris at 40% fire resist is like walking in there covered in gasoline, your just asking to die.
Last edited by Jiero on Mar 19, 2014, 3:17:16 PM
Ah, another QQ thread, but this time you not only blame desync, but also the monsters too!

Voidbearers definitely do not need serious rebalancing, or any type of rebalancing whatsoever. If you're having problems at level 77 with Far Shot Voidbearers, you're doing something terribly wrong, or you're lying about your stats. I can stand in front of a LMP Far Shot Hasted Voidbearer for at the very least 10 seconds and my HP of 3300 will only be halved, granted I have 50% spell block, 30% spell dodge, and 75% fire resists. Now, if I'm attacking, then I can stand there indefinitely as Life Leech keeps me at max HP the entire time. Point is, a two second desync should not be killing your character.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
"
f3rret wrote:
"
ganjarak wrote:
"
S4l3m wrote:

yes LMP farshots

Void Bearers with LMP are borderline broken, the geometry of their projectile is such that for all intents and purposes the projectiles end up stacking into one, result being that you end up being hit by a single projectile that does like 3*70% damage, which means that you effectively take 2.1 times as much damage as you normally would.

Except that isn't LMP, but extra projectiles.
They are not really difficult if u have capped resists. Ones with LMP or GMP might be a bit more annoying. However I noticed that once they start firing they are stuck in the animation for a while, so it gives u some time to go around nd kill them.

They are no problem to ranged characters anyway. Neither to melee if u got decent resists and enough dps to quickly kill them.

Of course, with arctic armor they do exactly 0 dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info