Trash items and vendors.

So, with no gold in the system, how will we purchase items from vendors. How can we sell the unwanted items? We can't take them apart, since there is no crafting....

Did I miss the answers to these somewhere?
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Instead of using gold to purchase items certain items you get have inherent values. You use things like scrolls of town portals to trade with vendors. And depending on the item you're trying to purchase they require different items. For example if you're trying to purchase a sword it's going to require different items then if you were trying to purchase armor or a staff. As for selling items I'm not quite sure how that's going to work yet as I don't believe they've implemented that feature yet.
I think I've heard thay they have plans to allow you to buy and sell using their currency items system.

It's a very interesting concept.

Here's an old blog post about their ideas -

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2011-02-08/dev-diary-currency

I've voiced my concerns, but I suppose there's plenty of ways to go with the system.
Happy Days Abound.
Last edited by Silver on Jul 16, 2011, 10:44:01 PM
Either way your never gonna get what its worth at an npc merchant.

Trade for ID's and low level currency items?
As people have said, currency items are used to buy (and at some point sell) items from vendors. The better the equipment, the more/rarer currency items needed.
Forum Sheriff
No gold? Wow I didn't even no that. I kwnow gold was pretty useless in D2, perhaps thats why it's ommitted?
Level 98 Cyclone Shockwave Slayer
"
bellabears wrote:
No gold? Wow I didn't even no that. I kwnow gold was pretty useless in D2, perhaps thats why it's ommitted?

More or less. Check out the dev diary:
http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2011-02-08/dev-diary-currency
Forum Sheriff
I remember getting to a point in Diablo 2 where i couldn't even pick up any more gold because my stash was full and my inventory was full. I think that their new system is great because it makes you think if you want to use those items to buy an item or upgrade a current item that you have. Little things like that are what's going to make this game stand apart from other Action RPGS.
Yeah I don't think they've finalised the buying and selling side of things yet. It's the kind of thing they can change without too much of an issue after release though I think, so if the system doesnt work they can tweak things.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info