Bloody Hell!

This is my second day lurking around this new place I found. And I must say, it's pretty impressive as to what the developers are making.

So I'd thought I'd share my thoughts on this game and probably say "Hi" to all the fellow future Exiles here.

First of all, what I thought when I saw this game was - "THIS is how diablo 3 should have looked" Not with the cartoony-look.
I absolutely adore the dark setting and the seriousness in the world of the game. it brings up a nice and fuzzy feeling inside me - that once again the style hasn't completely died out, and that developers are still willing to make dark and gloomy worlds - opposed to the "Happy colorful torchlight/diablo3-like style".

It was one of my bigger dissapointments about diablo 3 when I heard it was going towards cartoon-style. So this is a huge relief.

I must say that the Witch class got my attention - I was always a fan of dark arts and magic. Can't wait to try it out.

And one of the more important things that I'm happy about, was that developers agreed on keeping the Free-For-All loot. (As far as I've understood.) Which diablo games were so addicting because of it. I played several RPGs with shared look, and personally - I found it dull and took out a huge portion of that excitement that was causing people to mass-click everywhere just to get that piece of armor that we've all been searching for. It also made "rare" items not so rare, and overflood of junk-items that had no other pruppose really, than get dropped off once enemy dies and lay there until it dissapeared.

I know this is a new game and forgive me for comparing it to some other game, but I just find it hard to express my thoughts on certain subjects otherwise.

That is all for now I guess.
You OBVIOUSLY do not know one thing about Diabo 3 if you think it is "Happy and colourful". The colour in diablo 3 has nothing to do with it being "happy". Diablo 3 is just as 'dark' as POE is and you have no evidence to say it isn't. Have you played the game and seen everything their is to see?

Diablo 3 is looking like the best game to come out in 10 years! It looks very dark and sinister - have you seen the gameplay for the demon hunter traversing through the dungeon?

Just because something is bright, does not mean in any means that it isn't 'dark'. POE does have very dark and mature graphics, but it isn't only the graphics that make a game dark - so don't state your opinion about it being all 'happy' if you have no idea about the lore and scenes of gameplay of Diablo 3
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
Alright, I admit. Maybe "happy" wasn't the right word. It was more like.. "less realistic" and more towards "cartoon-ish" style.

Yes the game does have some dark areas and such and can generate a darker atmosphere, but it can't make that dark-enough as they do with PoEs game.

It's like, when they went from SC1 "seirious" graphics in to SC2 more "colorful, brighter/smoother" ones - I see the same thing happening between Diablo 2 And Diablo 3.

It's just that ammnout of detail that makes a big difference in providing mood in the game.
"
Nightblaze1 wrote:
You OBVIOUSLY do not know one thing about Diabo 3 if you think it is "Happy and colourful". The colour in diablo 3 has nothing to do with it being "happy". Diablo 3 is just as 'dark' as POE is and you have no evidence to say it isn't. Have you played the game and seen everything their is to see?

Diablo 3 is looking like the best game to come out in 10 years! It looks very dark and sinister - have you seen the gameplay for the demon hunter traversing through the dungeon?

Just because something is bright, does not mean in any means that it isn't 'dark'. POE does have very dark and mature graphics, but it isn't only the graphics that make a game dark - so don't state your opinion about it being all 'happy' if you have no idea about the lore and scenes of gameplay of Diablo 3

Someone a little sensitive about their D3?? :p

Relax dude, he's just stating what every other person on this forum has expressed.
I love lamp
"
It's like, when they went from SC1 "seirious" graphics in to SC2 more "colorful, brighter/smoother" ones - I see the same thing happening between Diablo 2 And Diablo 3.

They did it already
D1 >> D2 (D1 is much more dark and scary than D2)
You didn't turn out your phone in church?!
It may be God calling.
Yeah I am a little sensitive... hehe sorry about that. Just need to stand up for a game I have loved so much and now they are finally making a sequel. Its pretty big!
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info