ColbyCheeZe's Animate Weapon Summoner

NOTE : More info will be posted as I level and have videos to show etc.

Current items at level 69

I have two builds crafted.

Ambush version
http://poeurl.com/yISjSqr

Invasion Version
http://poeurl.com/yIoiZxl

You can look at my theorycraft spreadsheet for gem info etc.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av7wOuq8-5i-dERHWjFmSXI4Um1uNVpOdWRtRUlKZlE&usp=drive_web#gid=7

I will be leveling as elemental spectral throw, since I am using Anger / Wrath in the end game setup.
IGN : ColbyCheeZe
Twitch.tv/ColbyCheeZe
Last edited by ColbyCheeZe on Mar 23, 2014, 8:13:32 AM
'Nice to see more people realizing how good Animate Weapon is.

Instead of Faster Attacks I'd recommend using Weapon Elemental Damage. Animate Weapon gem levels, the tree, and Flesh Offering make up for the increases so Weapon Elemental Damage is a better damage boost.

You should also consider using Elemental Equilibrium if you can fit Ice Nova + Trap + Multiple Traps somewhere in your sockets. From what I see on the stream it seems you'll be using many minion types so that may not be feasible, though.

Good luck with your build.
same name in-game
Hi,

kinda unsure, but i think you investing too much into "increased duration". Judging from in-game boss, they are squishy like hell, so i think the inc dura isn't necessary too boost.

The main DPS from these will come from you auras, you should definitely think about WED, since its a more DMG multipliert.

If you think you cannot remove inc dura gem from chest, remove it from tree.

Base dura: 37,5
with nodes+gem = 83,4
with nodes ony = 55,4
with gem only = 69,..using the nodes will only give you 18 seconds, thats not so much and only ~23% more duration

Also, you investing in the templar trees for ~10 passives. The North East (Witch/Shadow) provides you 2x24% Life nodes, while the templar one has only 34% + 1% liferegen. In addition you could pick Influence, which will give 26% _more_ dmg for anger/wrath.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Mar 18, 2014, 8:08:52 AM
"
Astarte911 wrote:
Hi,

kinda unsure, but i think you investing too much into "increased duration". Judging from in-game boss, they are squishy like hell, so i think the inc dura isn't necessary too boost.

The main DPS from these will come from you auras, you should definitely think about WED, since its a more DMG multipliert.

If you think you cannot remove inc dura gem from chest, remove it from tree.

Base dura: 37,5
with nodes+gem = 83,4
with nodes ony = 55,4
with gem only = 69,..using the nodes will only give you 18 seconds, thats not so much and only ~23% more duration

Also, you investing in the templar trees for ~10 passives. The North East (Witch/Shadow) provides you 2x24% Life nodes, while the templar one has only 34% + 1% liferegen. In addition you could pick Influence, which will give 26% _more_ dmg for anger/wrath.

I run an animator build with the all the aura passives other than the ones near Blood Magic and also take the skill duration nodes. Increased Duration is amazing when the weapons have enough defenses to stay alive. To me the extra 18 seconds is totally worthwhile. The more weapons up at once, the more you overwhelm enemy AI focus, and the more damage you're dealing. That's another thing: offering and curse durations are vastly increased by the skill duration nodes as well.

I use Necromantic Aegis to cap minion resistances and give them a ton of block, only needing to use Bone Offering once in a blue moon. When it comes to passive skill tree nodes, minion life leech takes care of even double reflect and then some so you want all 4% from the tree. Minion life regeneration is awesome against degeneration and it's no longer necessary to use Vitality to get it. With these nodes, the huge damage potential from Anger and Wrath, and defensive boosts from Grace and Discipline the weapons almost never die unless they're vastly overwhelmed.
same name in-game
i'm making iao's elemental animator build and can attest to how ESSENTIAL the increased duration nodes and gems are.

absolutely vital to the build in fact! :D the benefit to offerings is just a very nice icing on the top :)
Last edited by dlrr on Mar 20, 2014, 11:20:18 PM
Been playing this. It's a "steamroller" build the more you focus on Animate Weapon. Weapons kill monsters which drop more weapons which kill more monsters. There's huge pressure to kill things fast to keep your weapon count up.

Increased Duration means a multiplicative increase since more simultaneous weapons is faster kills which is more drops.

This build loves +item quantity, but also strangely -item rarity because weapon are more powerful white than blue.
Starting to do this build. Thanks for the idea, CheeZe!

Is it possible/wise/efficient instead of going vaal skeletons to go with animate guardian?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info