Non-PvP options

I'm hoping any Beta members can answer this:

How does pvp work on normal servers? and on HC?
As in, is it a flag you can turn on/off, do you have a choice in the matter? I am not a fan of pvp and am curious which options I have for avoiding that and where I will be forced into being flagged.
Not in beta, but I don't think PvP has been implemented yet.
oblomir is right.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
dust7 wrote:
oblomir is right.

I'll have to keep an eye on IRC and the like to see when these details come out. I have too many flashbacks of the D2 players with the pvp hacks that would kill you THEN flag you and don't want to have to deal with anyone forcing me to fight in any way.
"
don't want to have to deal with anyone forcing me to fight in any way.

I'm not sure how familiar are you with PoE, but when you create a character you have to pick a League for that character.

Each League has it's own rules and settings.
There will be several different Leagues and I'm sure quite a few of them will have PvP disabled.

Also PoE being online only severely reduces the chance of hacks, so no worries there :)
Each league will have different rules regarding PvP. The Default League only allows PvP in arenas. The Cutthroat League on the other hand allows PvP anywhere. You can choose whichever league you want.
Forum Sheriff
"
oblomir wrote:

I'm not sure how familiar are you with PoE, but when you create a character you have to pick a League for that character.

Each League has it's own rules and settings.
There will be several different Leagues and I'm sure quite a few of them will have PvP disabled.

Also PoE being online only severely reduces the chance of hacks, so no worries there :)

I know about the leagues, hence why I asked HC and normal leagues. I know cutthroat will be a pvp bonanza that I'll steer clear of. I know the options will be in standard and HC server, just curious in its application. I assume hacks will be uncommon when compared with D2, I still prefer to be able to avoid pvp all together if I can. Dont want to be mid-act, only to get people that join up, flag and hunt folks down.

Edit: I am also very likely to purchase/rent a league for my friends and myself in which it wont be an issue, but I'm still curious in how its done.
Last edited by Juliusmidnight on Sep 19, 2011, 4:59:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info