How do I get Good Armor values without IR

Right now it seems that only Grace is a reliable way to get good armor values for your budget.
But if I am a Templar going for the Witch area, what would you say is a good way to get Armor (and physical mitigation for that matter).

I can't for the life of me get to a healthy value. Currently sitting at 500 in Merciless.

Step one: Get decent base armor from your gear (like 1000 or more)

Step two: Get armor% from the passive tree.

Step three: Use Determination Aura.

This way you should have at least 5k armor.

Molten shell, Granite Flasks also help.
"
Kranyum wrote:
Right now it seems that only Grace is a reliable way to get good armor values for your budget.
But if I am a Templar going for the Witch area, what would you say is a good way to get Armor (and physical mitigation for that matter).

I can't for the life of me get to a healthy value. Currently sitting at 500 in Merciless.

chests alone can reach up to 2000+ armor by themselves but they tend to get expensive.

getting a chest with 500-800armor is fairly easy though, coupled with a 400-500armor shield and a generic 400 armor from gloves+boots and another 200-250 from belt you can reach as high as ~1900 base armor.

since you are templar addind the armor/es passives, or going towards marauder to pick armor nodes, can net you 100% increased armor.

during a 90% granite you then have:

4900*2.9= 14200 armor
with determination 21300.

using actual good gear and armor passives can net you at least 30-35k armor.

this coupled with the stacking nature of endurance charges can give you more than decent physical mitirgration.

edit: a molten shell with the above will add more or less another 4-5k armor.
Last edited by shroudb on Mar 13, 2014, 9:21:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info