What's the worst thing a vaal orb can do to a gem?

My zombie spell is gonna be 20/20 soon and I'd like to hit rank 21, it would kill me if it wrecked it beyond repair though.

Are the possibilities

nothing
-1 level(but can still hit 20)
+1 level
-3 quality
+3 quality

??
Turning it into vaal skill gem which sucks is one possibility if im not wrong.
Worst possibility that I know of is that it could do nothing at all. However, the item will still be Corrupted, so you won't be able to use any more currency items on it. As far as I'm aware, using a Vaal Orb on a gem can't turn it into a Vaal gem.
"
swk3000 wrote:
As far as I'm aware, using a Vaal Orb on a gem can't turn it into a Vaal gem.

It can.
"
Ezhiel wrote:
"
swk3000 wrote:

It can.

Fair enough. My drops in the new Ambush league have been complete crap; no uniques, a couple of decent currency items (2 Orb of Fusing, specifically), and that's pretty much it. Even the Vaal gems from the corrupted areas have been crap (Ground Slam and Detonate Dead, mostly; not to mention that I've only had 4 Corrupted areas spawn at all). I've therefore been unable to experiment with Vaal orbs, and no one in General has gotten a Vaal Gem from using a Vaal Orb on a gem. Though they haven't been using Vaal Orbs on gems much anyway; mostly they Vaal Uniques. I was therefore unaware that the Vaal Orb could turn a gem into a Vaal Gem.
"
Ezhiel wrote:
"
swk3000 wrote:

It can.

Well it's a summon zombie spell so it can't be turned vaal.
What would interest me more is this: Are they still usable for the 20q vendor recipe?

edit: And if yes, will they still be corrupted after using it for the recipe?
Last edited by wlfbck on Mar 13, 2014, 6:37:57 AM
"
AmbushRacer wrote:
"
Ezhiel wrote:
"
swk3000 wrote:

It can.

Well it's a summon zombie spell so it can't be turned vaal.

Obviously the vaal version has to exist, but that's not what my reply was referring to.
"
wlfbck wrote:
What would interest me more is this: Are they still usable for the 20q vendor recipe?

Can't scour downgrade a corrupted gem.
"
Azureflamess wrote:
"
wlfbck wrote:

Can't scour downgrade a corrupted gem.

Huh. That makes Vaal Orbs even more useless than they already are. (scour problem not so much, but if that ain't working 20q probably wont work too)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info