Is this a bug??

When I equip vaal molten shell and vaal detonate dead and mouse over them on my hotbar, they say "64 souls" and "96 souls" respectively.. but when I mouse over the actual gems themselves, they say they only require "32 souls" and "48 souls respectively"...

Furthermore - It actually takes 64 and 96 souls to charge each of them. I don't think they are supposed to take this many? What is going on? Bug?

p.s. neither one is connected to any support gems.
Last edited by Darkfyre on Mar 13, 2014, 1:11:31 AM
I think they started out needing 96 but a recent hotfix bumped that down in cruel, and even more in normal, but I have no idea why the gems are different .

I assume that the numbers don't match because they forgot to correct one set.
do they require different amounts because one is partially full maybe?
"
Balance:

Vaal Skill soul counts were initially balanced for Merciless difficulty, where there are more monsters. We want them to be easier to use in Normal and Cruel difficulty. We have halved the number of souls required for each skill. In Cruel difficulty, skills require 50% more souls to uses. In Merciless difficulty, they require 100% more (which is the same as before the patch).
ewwww

they are really pushing the edge of what is viable for these gems..

takes souls to charge, most only hold 1 use, lose all charges when switching areas, each kill only counts as a soul on ONE gem AT A TIME, and now they double the souls needed in merc? wtf? what gives, GGG?

I really hope they are planning on adding a vaal support gem that reduces the number of souls needed to charge it or something.
Last edited by Darkfyre on Mar 13, 2014, 1:24:13 AM
ohhh different gems require diff amounts of souls --- thought they were all the same

"
Darkfyre wrote:
ewwww

takes souls to charge, most only hold 1 use, lose all charges when switching areas, each kill only counts as a soul on ONE gem AT A TIME, and now they double the souls needed in merc? wtf what gives GGG?

looool you are such a glass half empty
they didn't double merc -- they halved normal
"
EomMage wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:
ewwww

takes souls to charge, most only hold 1 use, lose all charges when switching areas, each kill only counts as a soul on ONE gem AT A TIME, and now they double the souls needed in merc? wtf what gives GGG?

looool you are such a glass half empty
they didn't double merc -- they halved normal

at any rate, the number of souls for some of these gems is a bit much IMO

96 kills to use a skill once? where the hell are you going to charge that at? river crossings? end game maps with hoardes mod? are these 96-soul vaal gems designed to only be usable once per area or something?
Last edited by Darkfyre on Mar 13, 2014, 1:27:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info