[1.1.0] Infernal Blow + Righteous Fire | 1H Axe | Anti-Reflect | 4 Possible Classes | 300,000+ DPS

"
fuzzybearz wrote:
Thanks for your prompt reply!
I have two things which confuses me:
1) I noticed you have a mirrored ES shield that you placed in your "Gears" section. When do you actually use this shield? (Noting that to use righteous fire, Rise of the Phoenix is necessary)

2) I hope I do not sound ignorant but how do I snap shot auras on life?

This is what I tried:
Equipment:
4L Boots RRGG
4L Malachai Mask RRGG

Gems:
2x lvl20 Haste
2xLvl 20 Hatred
2xLvl 20 Determination
1xLvl 20 Reduced Mama

Steps:
1) Place determination, haste, hatred in boots
2) Place reduced mana, determination, haste, hatred in malachai mask and turn all 3 auras on.
3) Remove Malachai Mask

What happened to me was, the auras I casted on blood magic from the malachai mask was removed when I removed the mask. This is even though I had the 3 of the same lvl20 aura gems in my boots.

Am I mistaken on how this is done? Thanks!

1. There are two instances I would use a rare shield rather than the phoenix shield. The first is if I am at stage 1 or 2 of the build, and simply do not have either the gear/levels to run righteous fire effectively. You need to minimally grab all the ES nodes in the final build before transitioning to using RF. The second instance is in some map mods (i.e. -max res) you definitely would not want to be running RF, so you might as well switch to a higher ES shield.

2. So you actually shouldn't put any gems in the Malachai Mask at all. You should also only have 1 of every aura gem :P. The Mask is purely used for the "Blood Magic" effect.
- Put on the Mask.
- Cast the auras you want to run off of your life (these should be in either your boots or gloves)
- Take off the Mask.
- Put on your Crown of Eyes.
- Drink a hit of your mana potion
- Cast the auras you want to run off of your mana (these should be in either your Crown of Eye or the remaining 4-link gloves/boot)
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Last edited by KiPad on Mar 18, 2014, 12:40:44 AM
Thanks for clearing it up!

By the way, I noticed that you did not take unwavering stance for your build. In other words, since we run on ES, we only have a 50% chance to block stun. Would there be a major danger, especially since we are a melee character?

I saw another build (Perz' Low Life Righteous Fire Cycloner), which is actually in your credits. He uses cyclone, which as the ability to avoid stun, thus, he does not get unwavering stance. What do you think about it?
"
fuzzybearz wrote:
Thanks for clearing it up!

By the way, I noticed that you did not take unwavering stance for your build. In other words, since we run on ES, we only have a 50% chance to block stun. Would there be a major danger, especially since we are a melee character?

I saw another build (Perz' Low Life Righteous Fire Cycloner), which is actually in your credits. He uses cyclone, which as the ability to avoid stun, thus, he does not get unwavering stance. What do you think about it?

At the moment, I am running CWDT-Immortal Cry-Enfeeble in my shield. The combination of IC and Enfeeble generally keeps me from being stun locked, and I would also be spamming Surgeon's Ruby Flask of Steadiness. But keep in mind that this is on level 72-73 maps for me. On higher level maps, you may very well still have problems being stunned. If this is the case, you should take Unwavering Stance (4 point commitment, you can take the points out of the Runed Cleaver circle).

I have been working with a friend of mine who has put together and is currently running this build on a L90 Scion. I will be updating the guide this next weekend to reflect some of the things I have learned :)

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Alright, I look forward to it. Really awesome build!
Updated the builds a bit and the questions section. I will not be playing the game for a while due to IRL stuff, but I'll still be checking in every now and then, so feel free to comment/ask questions!

Last edited by KiPad on Mar 21, 2014, 7:38:13 PM
Would it be possible to run the first stages of the build with Solaris Lorica instead of Shav's? (& without Crown of Eyes.)
Last edited by Ceveth on Mar 22, 2014, 1:40:59 PM
"
Ceveth wrote:
Would it be possible to run the first stages of the build with Solaris Lorica instead of Shav's? (& without Crown of Eyes.)

You could use Solaris for the first stage if you could get your hands on a nice high ES shield. I would also get more ES nodes then. Without CoE, you're really not gonna get the main features of the build. If neither CoE or Shavs are within your price range, I'd really suggest going for another build :/

i am waiting for reworked build =)

IGN: mr__Postman Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/723924
Last edited by andrey314 on Apr 21, 2014, 5:56:59 AM
"
KiPad wrote:
I’m taking the MCATs soon and doing med school applications after that, so I won’t have time to map very much and level this character, and therefore I will not be posting “end-game” stats or videos for some time.

I thought I was the only one quitting for MCATs and med school. I feel you bro... you probably made the right choice leaving the game for a while. Good luck on the test :D.
Any videos anytime soon? seeing this clear shrine, courtyard or palace would be fucking awesome. great build, wish i had the currency to make anything like this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info