Item Effects Account bound?

Are the item effects you buy account bound? In other words can I use the item effects on more than one character without having to buy the effect for each character?

And I'm also guessing that they can be used more than once for each item you get.

Please reply, I am very curious before I purchase.

Thank you.
Yes it is account bound. You can reclaim the item effects as many times as you like.
you can use the effect on one weapon at the time and then you can take it off and put it on an other one
Gl & HF may the rng gods be with you.
Effects are account bound. You can only use them on one char at time however. You'll need to reclaim them to use on another char. You can reclaim them in the micro-transaction window (top right IIRC).

lol nm, ninja 2x. y'all type fast :P~
Last edited by asangar on Jan 29, 2013, 8:25:02 AM
You can apply an item effect to an item and reclaim it, but you can only apply it to one item at a time.

So, for example, if you apply it to an item in HC and your character goes to Default, you can reclaim it in default and use it on another HC character.

If you want two characters to have the Vampiric effect, you will have to buy it twice or move it from one to the other when you switch characters.
Thanks for the well written and quick responses guys :)!
The system could use an upgrade.

I hope in time there will be a menu for this on its own and not the stash tab we have now. Rather see something closer to how the shop on the webpage looks like. Menu with tabs for pets, weapon effects, armor effects. Under each tab in some (alphabetic) order your purchases are listed. Perhaps what you did not yet purchase would be below that. In such a menu in game you could also advertise specials or discounts, which would be better advertising as I hardly visit the web shop, which limits my exposure to "deals".

Clicking a button would apply that effect to that slot (i.e. head, chest, boots, mainhand, offhand etc) rather than an item. You could also simply make a "pants" category, as the current system seems to be a bit limited to the # of items you can wear?

1 Weapon effect should suffice to also put the effect on both your offhand and main hand slot (more user friendly, adjust prices accordingly if needed). If you do put a shield in it would not show the effect (unless the effects get added to shields, but I imagine there will be shield specific effects coming one day).

Such a menu could perhaps also pave the way for a demo option?

Choose effect:

Effect X applied to mainhand offhand
if mainhand + weapon
applyeffect = 1
else
applyeffect = 0
end

Something like that would make the effect only work if a weapon is in the slot.

Just how I do imagine a system that would work a bit better, be better advertising
Last edited by Ozgwald on Jan 29, 2013, 9:41:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info