The Facenuker

THE FACENUKER

This is not so much a guide, but more of an example of what you can pull off with higher end gear.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Sadly GGG has decided to not let you charge Vaal skills on weapon swap, so this will never become a Vaal Discharge :(

A video is coming soon however there are some noticeable drawbacks:
1 - The build is not the one i have planned. The planned one is substantially better.
2 - Weapon swapping is still sloppy
3 - My discharge is 5 levels below what it should be
4 - I am missing 2 frenzy charges and a power charge
5 - This build is a bit lacking in HP
6 - Not sure about blood dance. Rainbowstride may be better. I used to use rainbowstride.
7 - Currently using a 120% Spell damage staff as it outdamages searing touch. Searing touch probably outdamages it once i hit it with level 20 discharge + empower.
8 - Have to sacrifice either Empower or Increased AoE until you can afford a 6L staff.
9 - My clarity isn't levelled fully, which is causing mana issues. You need both leech and regen to sustain frenzy.

Overall this means my discharge in the video is doing HALF the damage of the finalized product.

This build is VERY fast and is a lot of fun to play.
This build is easily hardcore viable, you'll see my gear is in standard because i suicided this character to play with my guild, and my Invasion character is taking over the spot for my Nemesis character. All gear was obtained on hardcore.

The amulet and ring were both the result of double yolo-exalting.

BUILD INTRO
This build is the culmination of what started out as my nemesis character.
Originally intended to be a 2H Axes avatar of Fire character, Xendranemesis was the first melee character I have tried since release.
This character died 4 times, switching from axes, to swords to maces. On the fifth try i switched to facebreaker.
I levelled with infernal blow to 85 and then started experimenting with frenzy and my currency and came up with an interesting concept I call the facenuker.

One thing to note is that this build itself has also gone through several iterations. There is another version of this build that can support three 60% auras.

DEFENSIVE
Aegis Aurora - ES is increased by 4% of Armour. This will recover approximately 400es per hit.
This shield is just ridiculous. Combined with very high block, you will take essentially no damage from the majority of trash mobs.

The Blood Dance - This thing is providing us with a hefty 7% life regen, which eventually will be 8% (Meginord's Girdle corrupted with +1 Frenzy)
The Blood Dance can be replaced with Rainbowstride if you want spell block.

Iron Reflexes - You are getting quite a hefty amount of evasion from your gear and grace, so converting this to armor is a major benefit, especially with the Aegis scaling.

Regen + Leech + Endurance Charges - 2% Physical life leech in the tree is enough. Combine this with large regen from endurance charges and flat physical damage reduction and you're looking pretty tanky.

Blind - 75% chance for enemies to miss you. Bringer of Rain will keep this inflicted pretty much permanently. It's amazing

Vaal Immortal Call - Linked to Cast When Damage Taken + Increased Duration. Makes you immortal if you take too much burst damage.

Endurance Charges - Resistances, 0.2% regen per charge AND physical damage reduction? Yeah, okay. You will have all charge types maxed out constantly, so you will really notice the extra resist.

Primary Offensive

Frenzy - Generates Frenzy, Endurance and Power charges for the build, while dealing massive physical damage.
This physical damage cannot crit, and thus is not dangerous when reflected due to permanent endurance charges, armour, leech and regen.

Frenzy is linked in a Legacy Bringer of Rain with Multistrike, Melee Splash and Endurance Charge on Melee Stun.

Blood Rage - Grants additional life leech if necessary, as well as faster frenzy charges for Cast on Crit + Discharge party members.

Romira's Banquet - Grants Power Charges and provides additional mana leech.

Mind Drinker in passive tree - Grants Mana leech. More than 2% is not required, however more is extremely benificial in Enfeeble maps.

Meginords Girdle + Other Facebreaker Gear - Self Explanitory

The Nuke
Discharge
Iron Will
Concentrated Effect
Empower
Increased Area of Effect
Blood Magic

Because you are running with 7/8 Frenzy Charges, 4 Endurance charges and 4 Power charges, you can pull off a pretty powerful discharge if you get yourself a staff with over 100 spell damage.
If you can get a pack cursed with elemental weakness, either from yourself or a friend, you can set off a VERY powerful discharge.

You can one shot large packs of white/blue mobs with this once it is fully levelled. This is on a staff in your weapon swap.

My Gear and Links
Spoiler

When using the planned version, replace Purity of Elements (or determination, whichever you are using) with a curse or skill of your choice.

Now that i am on standard, i will be selling the legacy bringer and switching to a 6L Lightning Coil + Abyssus combo. I will corrupt abyssus until i get something nice on it.

Last edited by Xendran on Mar 10, 2014, 3:15:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info