Two weapon tabs?

After the expansion, Diablo 2 series was introduced with the two weapon tabs so you can switch out between two sets. Some of other games (which I just can't think of right now, but I've seen it in few other games) have implemented it as well and I think it's pretty useful. You can switch between sets on the go depending on what situation demands. So if you're a ranger and you're overran by too many monsters, you can quickly switch off to have swords for close combat. Or if you're a melee character that just wants to kill things quickly, but get overran.. you can switch for a single-handed sword and a shield.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
"
bkboggy wrote:
After the expansion, Diablo 2 series was introduced with the two weapon tabs so you can switch out between two sets. Some of other games (which I just can't think of right now, but I've seen it in few other games) have implemented it as well and I think it's pretty useful. You can switch between sets on the go depending on what situation demands. So if you're a ranger and you're overran by too many monsters, you can quickly switch off to have swords for close combat. Or if you're a melee character that just wants to kill things quickly, but get overran.. you can switch for a single-handed sword and a shield.

This has been talked about and the general consensus is that it could be very overpowered with the way skills are granted.
RIP Bolto
Yes, a weapon swap option would be op'd... unless it had a long cool down, but than, it defeats the purpose.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
The main problem is with skill gems. Essentially you could load up two weapons of skills and then switch back and forth pretty powerful ability maybe too powerful.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
The only way around that would to be to disable any type of multi weapons tabs in pvp. But I don't see what the problem with being a little overpowered in the single player game.
The idea is nice but as you guys already stated- it would certainly be overpowered. And implementing this option means GGG have to spend additional time working on it, plus you want it to be disabled in pvp so they also have to think about the mechanism.
(^_^) betabetabetabeta
Personally I can't see how it would be overpowered at all. I think it would be a good addition.
You'll still have to level up those gems wont you? So if you got another couple of weapons with gems in em that are sufficiently leveled then I say good for you.
I assume that skills from both sets won't stack so can't really see a problem. Juggling with sets always adds additional flavour to pvp.
Yeah, since one tab is disabled, the gems from that tab would not give any extra skills. So you would have to switch back and forth and use skills that are appropriate for that situation. That would give players extra set of skills to work with and at the same time be able to multitask very well (they have to remember which tab they're on, or look at the bottom of screen to see which spells they have... or just develop a very good sense and memory of their actions).

Now... if that's not possible and too many players still believe this is OP, why not make it so that you can't switch tabs if you're in active combat. Or perhaps have cooldown as has been mentioned above (same or less time that would take to switch weapons from inventory). What that would do is make more inventory space. Let's say you have 2 sets of weapons which you use in different situations. Normally, you would have to carry one of them in your inventory, wasting precious space... but now that you have 2... maybe 3,4,5(?) tabs for weapons, inventory space is not going to be such a big issue.

I am all for the first option, but the second one is a good substitute. It would be nice if we could test it and see how it works.... You see, I just can't see it being overpowered, because you're not stacking powers of gems, you are only using them from one tab at a time.... Yes, you have more skills, but you also have to develop excellent multitasking skills to execute everything in a timely manner and you won't have all those skills at once because they are on different tabs. Just my two cents.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Last edited by bkboggy on Jul 13, 2011, 7:07:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info