Searing totem + Summon/minion build

Please tell me if there's anything I'm missing to make this viable.

I know resistances and life are low, but gear should help that.

Are there any glaring defects you see?

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgAAA8YGDgZJCGcJ9hCXEMwR2xNsFHEYPBpsHNwdFB8CJa8o-ilPKhMqjSqYLKctRy2oNsU22D8nQYdEBEZxSOdJG0rESshNuVBCWOVZ81pSWpFcDF3yXl1j_WaeaqxyqXrmeyCCm4LHgwmFYIdliECPRpAzkyeTOpeFm12boZwtnWOdrqIuo_KksaaspwinlKh9qJqqxKyqr7ewd7GQtAy3PrfWuJO9J7-XwBrDE8auyT3MvNDQ0f3T-9R82CTZC9tZ5CLljudq6hjr7uxV8h7yl_au9zL31_iT-Ov56PqA-tL-hw==
My suggested changes

Firstly, it's generally a good idea to plan for a complete build by level 80ish. If your build isn't completely functional by then, you won't get past there. Hence, I've stopped at just past (103 points).

2nd, I've ditched a lot of minion nodes and some damage nodes in preference for some defense - you will need it, even as a summoner. Also, searing bond does a ton of damage anyways, so you don't actually need all the fire nodes to make a high damage SB build.

In my opinion, the advantage of this build is that your minions will effectively tank for you and your totems, so I've limited the minion nodes mostly to the ones that will help your minions tank. I'd suggest sticking to zombies and tanky spectres - enduring cry bears are a good option for this. You, in the mean time, should run a vitality aura and maybe a purity of elements - running a 60% aura is probably gonna be a bit of a stretch.

I ditched the shield nodes, since you should really get a searing touch staff (which you can afford to use through to endgame, since your minions will tank for you). You could probably do with an Infernal Mantle, too, but you'll have to be careful, since it doubles the spell damage you TAKE when you're on low mana - which will be often.

I dunno how viable this will be, but it looks fun at any rate!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info