So how would you rate Invasion league?

Are the new invading monsters and bosses interesting? Or just annoying 1-shotters? Would you recommend a player to return to PoE for them bother or just keep playing other games?
I would say awesome personally, I got 1 shot at 63 in lunaris 1 and am back to lvl 55.

PS Viper Strike is strong.
IGN: Bleric

8/8 Challenges Nemesis.
They are cerainly interesting, IF you search for a challange in PoE - I personally like them.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Every zone feels dangerous and not safe anymore.
10/10 even tho I just died for the third time, this time at level 53. Gotta love this.
Interesting but clearly unbalanced for some bosses atm.
Last edited by Yesu on Mar 8, 2014, 10:43:43 AM
Returning player here. First hardcore league and I am having an absolute blast in Invasion and I will never play a standard league again. The risk of death and the importance of economics add an incredible amount of fun to the game for me. You must learn from your mistakes, be extremely cautious, and understand strategy to be viable in this league. I wish this league was permanent to be honest =)
To repeat my post from another thread: I made the tankiest, fattest marauder I could think of. I have one passive node for damage cause it's blocking my path to some health nodes. Playing extremely slowly and carefully. I facetanked normal Kole and Piety, then facetanked normal Dominus (I literally didn't have to flask from his lightning stream, I was regening through it).

Stats at level 39: 1700 hp, 5 endurance charges, 77 lightning and fire resists, 60% physical reduction with molten shell (without endurance charges).

A little before I facetanked Dominus, one of the Invasion bosses dropped my hitpoints to 10% in about 1 second, I almost had a heart attack and barely managed to escape.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 8, 2014, 2:42:32 PM
"Almost had a Heart Attack", This is what we love to hear.

Keep em coming.
The only thing I enjoy about Invasion is that it's a new league with a fresh start.

The invasion mechanic in and of itself is pretty cool but the fact that the bosses are either: complete pushovers, or absolute destruction... Is extremely lame and really does show that GGG didn't test this patch out as much as it should have been.

When most (read all) new content is skipped because there is literaly NO reward for the VERY HIGH amount of risk, then you know that you fucked up somewhere in your development process...

Tune the bosses, make them around the same difficulty, not either SUPER hard or SUPER easy.

Give us a reward for risking our character to kill these difficult bosses. I feel that 1-2 guaranteed rares per person at the minimum, or simply increase their drop by a large flat amount would be a great change.

They are unique bosses after all right? Then why do they only drop a rare mobs worth of loot?

Before it came out and the first few days I was in love with the patch and didn't think it had many faults, but the more I play and the more I read, the more I realize that the patch was mostly a disaster and it has genuinely has shaken my faith in GGG as a studio.

IGN: Ghured

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info