MAPS , TRAVEL, ITEMS and GOLD

I could not find any details on that. However, I would like to know how the minimap and map will look. This might be silly from other people's point of views, but to me.. a good map and minimap always made the game better, reduced frustration and made things easier to find. I understand that the "rooms" will be randomly generated, so there is no static map (or is there?), but I haven't seen much detail on the minimap.

How will travel work? Teleport, waypoints, horses, flying, fast movement? Just want to know more detail.

Will there be vendor in towns? Will they sell mostly useless crap like in Diablo series?

Will gold currency be useless? I want the gold to mean something and not just be a repair currency like in Diablo series. How is the market going to work? Will items be bind on equip, bind on pick up or just never binding? Will there be a player market/auction house?
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Found link on gold question:

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2011-02-08/dev-diary-currency

Disregard that question, unless you have some extra thoughts on the subject matter.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
There is an overlay map that can be toggled on and off.

The game uses waypoints to travel quickly between areas.

There are vendors.
Forum Sheriff
Having watched the footage on youtube I am very pleased with the mapping system have to say.
Level 98 Cyclone Shockwave Slayer
K, cool. So the overlay is kind of like Diablo? I'll have to watch more videos, the ones I watched did not show it. Watching the one on map design right now, graphics are... god... oh so good.

So vendors exist... but do they sell crap or meaningful things? See, in Diablo... except the gambling ability (might get some nice rares sometimes) most of the regular and magical items were crap (except a few very hard to find ones).
The overlay is similar to Diablo. There was a screenshot of it posted six months back or so. It's probably improved since then.

Some vendor functionality was introduced in 0.8.5. They continue to be balanced and expanded with each patch so it's difficult to tell how they'll end up by the time beta rolls around.
Forum Sheriff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info